Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2011 Duel Exhaust?

Old 10-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
masshole taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Big Daddy
masshole taco's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Duel Exhaust?

I have a 2011 Double Cab Tacoma Sport and I'm wanting a performance exhaust but the two exhausts I was looking at (Magnaflow and Flowmaster) only offer single catback exhausts?? Are other people running into this problem???

I spoke to an exhaust shop down the road from me and they quoted me 500 for a duel magnaflow exhaust.. When I called them back asking how they were going to do that they said it wasn't exactly a magnaflow exhaust but sounded just like it... Is that my only option and what are you opinion is 500+ tax a good cost?
Old 10-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
$500 + tax is a rip off for a Magna-flow knock-off. I'm not sure specifically about the shop you went to but most of them just use a cheap knock off muffler and cheap piping. Last time I used a shop like that the whole system rusted out and had to be replaced in a couple years.

Here's one I found from Autoanything.
http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...0A3267061.aspx
Old 10-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
speedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
speedfreek's Tacoma Gallery
Look at the flowmaster american thunder kit. It is pricier than the knockoff the guy was telling you about.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/sh...oducts_id=4311

There are some threads on here talking about it.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...under-kit.html
Old 10-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Look at MBRP it is much better than a crappy chokemaster.

Posted via
Old 10-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #5
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

Posted via
Here's the one Whipper mentioned. Don't know much about them but they've got a lot of options and look pretty cool!
http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...0A3010950.aspx
Old 10-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #6

[QUOTE=Pugga;3897862]$500 + tax is a rip off for a Magna-flow knock-off. I'm not sure specifically about the shop you went to but most of them just use a cheap knock off muffler and cheap piping. Last time I used a shop like that the whole system rusted out and had to be replaced in a couple years.

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...spx[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that for a 2007 ride.. I wonder is there a difference in a 07 to 2011 for instance could i look up an exhaust that would fit on a 07 for instance and would it fit on a 2011?
Old 10-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #7

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=masshole taco;3897896]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
$500 + tax is a rip off for a Magna-flow knock-off. I'm not sure specifically about the shop you went to but most of them just use a cheap knock off muffler and cheap piping. Last time I used a shop like that the whole system rusted out and had to be replaced in a couple years.

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/61A3545A0A0A3267061.aspx[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that for a 2007 ride.. I wonder is there a difference in a 07 to 2011 for instance could i look up an exhaust that would fit on a 07 for instance and would it fit on a 2011?
Should be exactly the same... For piece of mind, put your truck info into Autoanything's truck info. It just sent you the 2007 stuff cause my truck is saved on this computer. Don't quote me on it but the 2011 and 2007 exhaust systems should be identicle.

EDIT: I see what you meant... if you change it to 2011, the Flowmaster one goes away. The MBRP one is still available for 2011 though.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #8

Ahhh, reading all the reviews about magnaflow I figure I couldn't go wrong so I went with the magnaflow cat back of auto anything.. 10% off.. Cant' wait to hear this bad boy..
Old 10-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Posted via
Just went back and looked at the MBRP and it required some cutting to make it fit right. If you order one of these, read the customer reviews before you do! The extension pipe that comes with the kit is made for a long bed, so short bed owners would have to cut the pipe for a proper fit. Also, some mention having to move brake lines slightly. Looks like a decent system but they cheaped out on R&D to make it fit properly.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:15 AM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Just went back and looked at the MBRP and it required some cutting to make it fit right. If you order one of these, read the customer reviews before you do! The extension pipe that comes with the kit is made for a long bed, so short bed owners would have to cut the pipe for a proper fit. Also, some mention having to move brake lines slightly. Looks like a decent system but they cheaped out on R&D to make it fit properly.
Even more of a reason to stay away from a dual exhaust. I think dual exhaust looks stupid on trucks with the exception of the new Rams with the bumper cutouts.

Posted via
Old 10-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #11

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Even more of a reason to stay away from a dual exhaust. I think dual exhaust looks stupid on trucks with the exception of the new Rams with the bumper cutouts.

Posted via
Well, I don't know if it was just for dual exhaust or not. The people who left reviews didn't say which kit they purchased. The 'extension pipe' in my mind could mean a few things but I'm not an exhaust expert. The only time I've messed with exhausts was a simple cat-back on my Chevy and it required no cutting at all.

I would like to know if the single outlet or just the turn down version would need to be modified during installation.

Products Discussed in this Thread