Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Write-Up: Torque APP OBD2 Reader

Old 01-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #201
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
OK, neither the phone nor the app has asked..............that's why I can only assume the bluetooth device does not have one set up. And what if I wanted to change it from something besdies 0000 or 1234 or 6789? No place to do that either.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #202
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
OK, neither the phone nor the app has asked..............that's why I can only assume the bluetooth device does not have one set up. And what if I wanted to change it from something besdies 0000 or 1234 or 6789? No place to do that either.
Android or Crapple?
Old 01-14-2012, 06:53 AM   #203
LGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FC2(SW)
Name: Rob
LGE RAW's Tacoma Gallery
Plug it it and place your phone in discovery mode and also scan for devices. Not all of the bluetooth devices ask for a pin. My Kiwi did, as did my Plantronics head set. If the device is working, it should show up under bluetooth devices. When you get to that point, start Torque and turn your ignition on so that Torque and your ECU will communicate and sync. look under settings to set it up as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Old 01-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #204
BackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to behold
Name: Adam
BackwoodsBoy's Tacoma Gallery
This may have been discussed already but i did not have the time to read through 11 pages.

Recently i met a guy with a chevy silverado. He had an android tablet mounted in his truck and wired for power. He runs this app on that tablet at all times so he has all the information provided by the app at his finger tips. Anyone on here have a setup similar to this? If so, pics and information would be a huge help
Old 01-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #205
LGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LGE RAW's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing that comes to mind should be different for the tablet except for the mounting. Did you get some pics of his setup in his Silverado? would be cool to see.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #206
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
look up soundman on youtube, he put an ipad in his tacoma the 1st day it was released...

he has no deck at all just his ipad running his audio system

ill be working on a galaxy 10.1 tab in my taco once i get my garage
Old 01-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #207
BackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to beholdBackwoodsBoy is a splendid one to behold
Name: Adam
BackwoodsBoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGE RAW View Post
Nothing that comes to mind should be different for the tablet except for the mounting. Did you get some pics of his setup in his Silverado? would be cool to see.
I didnt think to snap any pics... It looked like he got one of those suction cup tablet holders that they sell on amazon and somehow adapted it to what he needed
Old 02-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #208
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackwoodsBoy View Post
This may have been discussed already but i did not have the time to read through 11 pages.

Recently i met a guy with a chevy silverado. He had an android tablet mounted in his truck and wired for power. He runs this app on that tablet at all times so he has all the information provided by the app at his finger tips. Anyone on here have a setup similar to this? If so, pics and information would be a huge help
I wanted the same thing but didn't want to use a tablet for all my audio. More so for the Torque app.. I just set mine here, some small strips of velcro and it never moves or slides around.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #209
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone having weird issues after that last update?

My MPG's are way off, no way am I getting an avg of 28 miles per gallon.
My TFT1 for tranny will go from -45 degrees up to 490, then top out to about 5 degree difference then the TFT 2 temp reading. When you give it gas it spikes down to -45, then jumps way up, then levels out.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #210
psychohamster is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
psychohamster's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, haven't had it up in about a week and a half. I'll check it out on the drive home today and see if I see the same thing or not.

I know they said they were fixing some "unit conversion problems"... in your custom PID for the tranny temps, what do you have your unit field set to? "F" or "*F" or something else entirely?
Old 02-10-2012, 01:53 AM   #211
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychohamster View Post
Hmm, haven't had it up in about a week and a half. I'll check it out on the drive home today and see if I see the same thing or not.

I know they said they were fixing some "unit conversion problems"... in your custom PID for the tranny temps, what do you have your unit field set to? "F" or "*F" or something else entirely?
I have it set to *F
Old 02-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #212

LGE RAW's Tacoma Gallery
I have mine set as shown in post 188 using F.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...ml#post4340734

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychohamster View Post

Old 02-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #213
psychohamster is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
psychohamster's Tacoma Gallery
My values looked good this morning, I apparently neglected to put anything in front of the "F" in my unit setup in the final version.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #215
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered mine off of Amazon for $21 with free shipping. I downloaded Torque pro and It looks great on my Galaxy SII and my Asus Transformer Prime. I haven't played with mounting ideas for my tablet yet, but I am thinking about modifying a semi permanent mount with a hard-mounted-behind-the-dash bracket off the right side of the factory stereo. I want to be able to swap a phone cradle for the tablet mount utilizing the same hard mounted bracket. I still use a dedicated Garmin GPS 765T on long trip and remote areas, and I would most likely want to use the bracket for the gps mount as well. If any of you have stumbled upon threads or products that may help to accomplish my vision; I would be thankful for your input and recommendations.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #216
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
Android or Crapple?
Droid....Casio Gzone Commando
Old 02-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #218
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Your going to love it gusher. It's a lot of fun to play around with. I've been making my own custom theme for torque and its kinda fun.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #219
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
I just got mine in the mail today, quick question. What's our trucks weight in kilograms? Also, how do I factor in my 285's so my mpg is accurate?