Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Write-Up: Torque APP OBD2 Reader

Old 01-31-2013, 04:47 PM   #281
Duncandiver is on a distinguished road

Duncandiver's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered a super mini ELM327 yesterday on Amazon. Up and running in a week or two.
hehehe canít wait.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:47 PM   #282
RDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedRDNK TAZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: FF/EMT
Name: Chad
RDNK TAZ's Tacoma Gallery
I'm wondering since this uses an app to blue tooth to a phone or tablet, can the same go for one of the new app radios?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:50 AM   #283
douglasmc is on a distinguished road
Marines: 6531 / Ord Tech.
Name: Matt
douglasmc's Tacoma Gallery
I sent a request into both Toyota and also ttorque about a month ago.. Neither has replied!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #284
grizzlygoalie is on a distinguished road
grizzlygoalie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasmc View Post
I sent a request into both Toyota and also ttorque about a month ago.. Neither has replied!!!
about what?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #285
douglasmc is on a distinguished road
Marines: 6531 / Ord Tech.
Name: Matt
douglasmc's Tacoma Gallery
To see if an app could be made for entune
Old 02-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #286
lemon177 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
lemon177's Tacoma Gallery
Exactly what needs to be done to get the app to read out AFR? Id imagine the need for a wideband unless the Tacoma already uses wideband sensors?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #287
LGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FC2(SW)
Name: Rob
LGE RAW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNK TAZ View Post
I'm wondering since this uses an app to blue tooth to a phone or tablet, can the same go for one of the new app radios?
Torque is written for the Android operating system. If the APP radio is running Android, it should work.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #289
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my bluetooth adapter for 3 months, no problems yet. Did yours just up and stop working suddenly?

A question I have tried searching for and still haven't found an answer, for you torque app users:
How do you record and save the readings? I've been keeping track of things like mpg's, fuel trims, afr's, etc but can't figure out how to get the app to save copies of these readings after each trip.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #290
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
I've had my bluetooth adapter for 3 months, no problems yet. Did yours just up and stop working suddenly?

A question I have tried searching for and still haven't found an answer, for you torque app users:
How do you record and save the readings? I've been keeping track of things like mpg's, fuel trims, afr's, etc but can't figure out how to get the app to save copies of these readings after each trip.
Yes, both times it just stopped working.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #291
mountain bike haulin' & off camping
kbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
kbraunphoto's Tacoma Gallery
subbed, had this setup for about a year, gotta read this thread. sure ill learn something.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #292
krafty11 is on a distinguished road

krafty11's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered a Bluetooth module but use Windows Phone 8 not Android, does anyone have experience with either the "Dash" app or "AutoGaugeX" both look interesting but neither is as mature as Torque yet
Old 04-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #293
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Eh, I guess ill jump onboard...................I blame chrisJx4
Old 04-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #294
PreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Clayton
PreRunning's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackCountry View Post
Just scored one of these cheapie bluetooth OBDII devices thanks to the suggestion of another forum member. I can confirm that it connects with my 2001 Tacoma TRD. I was able to read the last error code, which is awesome. Hopefully I won't have to read error codes for some time now, but it looks like there are lots of other things I can do with torque in the meantime.

Just curious what people are using their scanners for other than reading error codes and checking component temps? The MPG calc sounds interesting, but I'm unlikely to always run the app every time I go for drive.

Very cool stuff, I feel so empowered to be able to read my own engine codes!
What module did you buy?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #295
mountain bike haulin' & off camping
kbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
kbraunphoto's Tacoma Gallery
BAFX Products (TM) - ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool

The Soliport one has some known errors and incompatibilities.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #296
Zooriver is on a distinguished road
Zooriver's Tacoma Gallery
Just got mind all set up and working on my 1995.5 Tacoma :thumbup:
Old 05-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #297
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-31-2013, 01:04 AM   #298
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone posting screen shots of their gauge clusters?>
Old 05-31-2013, 04:58 AM   #299
PreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Clayton
PreRunning's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Anyone posting screen shots of their gauge clusters?>
X2
Old 05-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #300
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I am using the Latest Torque version 1.6.46? or something with a skin and the default gauges.

Got the OBDLink MX Bluetooth adapter with the latest firmware too.

I need to figure out the rest of the stuff. Like I have no fuel gauge on here. Or the real time MPG stuff. Also wanted the Voltage meter, Tranny temp, and similar .

Custom PID's?