Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Write-Up: Torque APP OBD2 Reader

Old 05-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #301
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
You can add all that stuff by picking a gauge type and then picking which value for it. I pick the all info one and gives me a readout of everything all on one screen.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:53 PM   #302
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
You can add all that stuff by picking a gauge type and then picking which value for it. I pick the all info one and gives me a readout of everything all on one screen.
I watched the video. Thanks though. Funny enough, I had already selected a few gauges, and they were not customizable. That is what prompted the question.

Post some of your screen shots! I'm using a nice theme already, but am curious to see what others have as clusters..

I was thinking of a custom mount for my cell phone also. Since my phone has wireless charging, I was thinking of something right above the steering column. Similar to the gauge pod. Also, I would mount the wireless charger station to it and possibly one of those fancy infomercial green cellphone pad mounts. The green one.

That way, I get in the truck, drop it behind the steering column and go. It would be in the same spot as the gauges, so it would not be a distraction. Even would work for Day driving.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #303
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ya lost me. Wireless charging green mats??
Old 06-01-2013, 12:49 AM   #304
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reYUIN_2nho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW2b046i_Ls

Samsungs official accessory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIk-M9FLlAI

Those are some of the vids of the "inductive charging" / wireless charging

Also the GripGo is the green holding pad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpBNGbclsic
Old 06-01-2013, 03:45 AM   #305
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Basically i want to rip the silicone green mat off the mount and put it on a charging pad. Then use a bracket to secure it to the area above the steering column.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #306
Muddog006 is on a distinguished road
Name: Zach
Muddog006's Tacoma Gallery
Having issues getting the MPG quite right.. 1st day with it in it reads 33 MPG..I'm like no this can't be right. So I play with it some and by day 2 I have 11 MPG showing up after about the same distance of driving. Seems it will take some time to figure out. It paid for it's self the 1st time I used it to trouble shoot Mom's Frontier. Darn thing had knock sensors and O2 sensors freaking out. After clearing the codes It seems she does have a bad O2 sensor.

Anyways I spent 12 bucks on the adapter from a site called DX bunch of Chinese junk on the site. Who knows how long it will last, so far I like it enough to buy a new one of better quality.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #307
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't messes with mine too much other than the initial setup. I have it setup and recording when I get in the truck but I'm always busy when I get in the truck. Need to take a few hours and dedicate it to the app.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #309

Enjoy!

I don't know if anyones had this happen yet but my ELM 327 module just failed this morning. Lasted 2ish years, not bad I think.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #310
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
hey just wondering how accurate some of these reading are, like AFR's specifically. mine says its roughly 14.5 most of the time between 14.3-15.0 anyway, and when i coasting it pegs out at 18.15:1. I realize when coasting there isnt much fuel going into the system but there should also not be much air right? and 14.5 is pretty lean for all other driving isnt it, since i thought the 1gr was set a little rich from the factory.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #311

Most regular driving should be 14.7, that is normal, you don't want much more than that. During some forms of coasting, the fuel system actually shuts off completely, which will cause your AFR's to spike high like that. That is also normal.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #312
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen that u can add pids for other sensors and found the equation for injector duty cycle but its only for gm. Does anyone no any additional cool stuff to add on to this?
Old 06-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #313
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
I have one of these and went and put the app on my kindle, only to discover I don't have a device that is Bluetooth capable and smart enough to have apps (my phone is old). Time to get me a galaxy. The app itself looks killer though! pretty much seems to replace a scanguage if its all its cracked up to be!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #314
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Only real differences is the scangauge becomes a solid "CAR" fixture in there. With this being on on our phones, answering calls, navigation and such becomes interesting.

I forget to turn Torque off sometimes when I leave the truck. I might suggest that they build up a feature in the app for it to auto kill after xx Minutes of the app being idle.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #315
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Only real differences is the scangauge becomes a solid "CAR" fixture in there. With this being on on our phones, answering calls, navigation and such becomes interesting.

I forget to turn Torque off sometimes when I leave the truck. I might suggest that they build up a feature in the app for it to auto kill after xx Minutes of the app being idle.
I was thinking of using either my OG droid, or when I upgrade, using my droid3 as a display for boost and whatever this can read that the ultragauge cannot.

I find it odd that this thing can pull more info from the same obd2 port

than other gauges. Im happy bout it, but perplexed at the same time.

Either way, thanks Marcelasourus

AND THIS thing reads afr?
Old 06-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #316
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
I have one of these and went and put the app on my kindle, only to discover I don't have a device that is Bluetooth capable and smart enough to have apps (my phone is old). Time to get me a galaxy. The app itself looks killer though! pretty much seems to replace a scanguage if its all its cracked up to be!
Wait, was it a kindle fire 2?

I was wondering if that would work.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #317
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
I was thinking of using either my OG droid, or when I upgrade, using my droid3 as a display for boost and whatever this can read that the ultragauge cannot.

I find it odd that this thing can pull more info from the same obd2 port

than other gauges. Im happy bout it, but perplexed at the same time.

Either way, thanks Marcelasourus

AND THIS thing reads afr?
It will read AFR if there is a built in wideband. Not sure about the new tacos, but 1st Gens and most second Gens only have a narrowband sensor stock. I think it's able to read a narrowbands voltage out put , but that doesn't really tell you much besides whether or not your AFRs
are within the factory spec, not the actual reading
Old 06-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #318
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, i was not sure on the afr ordeal. Not sure if upgrading the sensor is available either...

I was wanting to see the screen shots of some of the others to see what they are doing with the gauges.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:48 AM   #319
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting to see if someone retro fits a TFT screen for the gauge cluster and has it running Torque. That would be interesting. Bring Mercedes and others tech to the masses.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #320
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Yeah, i was not sure on the afr ordeal. Not sure if upgrading the sensor is available either...

I was wanting to see the screen shots of some of the others to see what they are doing with the gauges.
Upgrading the sensor wouldn't work since the factory ecu is only able to read the narrowband. You would need to add a new bung, wide band sensor, and a gauge that can read the sensors analog output