Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Write-Up: Torque APP OBD2 Reader

Old 08-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #341
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanamukubwa View Post
Is there a headunit that can run android apps like Torque? If so, it would make this so seamless!
Look for a pioneer appradio2 compatible deck, you can display your whole android screen on it and control it from your deck. pretty slick with arliberator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ3HLF65SBY
Old 08-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #342
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=nad;7323286]Look for a pioneer appradio2 compatible deck, you can display your whole android screen on it and control it from your deck. pretty slick with arliberator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ3HLF65SBY[/QUOTE]

Old 08-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #343
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
This uses Bluetooth right? Anybody confirm data usage when using torque?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #344
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
I never monitored for it directly, I'm sure if you use torques web access features link OBD2 codes look ups than it does but I never found myself any higher than average monthly usage by using it or not.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #345
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks BT. Might be a good option for me, but I don't have data to spare and I already pay for 6 gigs monthly so wanted to ask. Maybe I'll email to be sure.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #347
Delliam15 is on a distinguished road

Delliam15's Tacoma Gallery
Thats Sweet!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #348
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Does trque app ever disconnect from the obd2 reader???
Shut off bluetooth and it will. Or just close out of Torque.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #349
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
You have to quit out of torque and it will. If you just hit the home button it will just run in the background.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #350
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
For those that have the paid version... does the boost pressure reading work? I've had one of these dongles for a couple years now and haven't paid for the app yet. On other vehicles the basic things I needed worked with the free version. On this truck the free version doesn't give me any boost readings. Will the paid version? What other parameters are available on the paid version that aren't with the free version?

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #351
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
For those that have the paid version... does the boost pressure reading work? I've had one of these dongles for a couple years now and haven't paid for the app yet. On other vehicles the basic things I needed worked with the free version. On this truck the free version doesn't give me any boost readings. Will the paid version? What other parameters are available on the paid version that aren't with the free version?

Thanks for the help!
Boost gauge does not work.

I have the paid app, I don't remember what other special features it offered.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #352
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
Boost gauge does not work.

I have the paid app, I don't remember what other special features it offered.
Meh, that sucks. No reason to get the paid version then as getting that sensor functional would be worth the money and I don't use the app much with this truck otherwise so no need for paid. It shows boost in my Optima and a few other readings and other than that it's kind of worthless. If I could save myself from putting in a boost gauge I'd do it but since I'm going to have to go that route anyway I'll just stick with the free version. Thanks anyway!
Old 09-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #353
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Meh, that sucks. No reason to get the paid version then as getting that sensor functional would be worth the money and I don't use the app much with this truck otherwise so no need for paid. It shows boost in my Optima and a few other readings and other than that it's kind of worthless. If I could save myself from putting in a boost gauge I'd do it but since I'm going to have to go that route anyway I'll just stick with the free version. Thanks anyway!
Search on mobilism..

BuT. the BOOST does read. on mine it does. All of the sensors in green when you select ADD a gauge work.

I could be wrong.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #354
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Search on mobilism..

BuT. the BOOST does read. on mine it does. All of the sensors in green when you select ADD a gauge work.

I could be wrong.
On the Torque app your boost pressure reads? What make model & year is your truck since you don't have it listed? I'm curious why yours works but mine (free version) and this other chap's does not.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #355
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
2005 dcsb trd or
Old 09-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #356
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
2005 dcsb trd or
I wonder why the discrepancy then with some saying it doesn't work. Are you using the 'boost' option or the 'manifold pressure' option? I think there was a few for this particular reading anyway. You should do a screen grab of it reading something other than 0psi and post it to give me hope.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #358
JDM is on a distinguished road
Name: Jimmy
JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What make model & year is your truck since you don't have it listed? I'm curious why yours works but mine (free version) and this other chap's does not.
It does not show the boost on my '09 FWIW.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #359
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yota243 View Post
I also have a 05 dbsc OR prerunner and get boost reads but I'm na for now.
Then how do you know you get boost readings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
It does not show the boost on my '09 FWIW.
Same here on a 2010 OR s/c'd. Not sure how some are saying they get boost readings. Are people actually seeing a POSITIVE reading that changes or just a gauge sitting at zero?
Old 09-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #360
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Ostrichsak;7488449]Then how do you know you get boost readings?

Magic... and I get a negative psi reading on my boost gauge in normal driving that is constantly changing minutely.