Notices

snow plowing, tongue weight

Old 10-21-2011, 06:51 AM   #1
jflanny523 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: j
jflanny523's Tacoma Gallery
snow plowing, tongue weight

I plan on doing small time residential plowing this winter with the tacoma so ive been looking at light duty plows such as the meyers home plow, meyer drive pro, and the western subordinate plow.

the weight of the meyers drive pro is about 400 lbs, and im thinking thats too heavy for a tacoma. am i right in thinking that? any insight on light pick up plowing would be appreciated. thank you.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
With 400 lbs hanging off the front you'd be better served to beef up the front suspension. Plowing with it isn't a big deal but traveling from job to job wouldn't be much fun. Aside from maybe 1 or 2 close by driveways, I think the Tacoma is too small/light for a plow truck.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:32 AM   #3
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You'll be surprised what Toyota trucks can do..
I'd think you'd need some form of traction in the back like a locker and/or sandbags to gain traction so the rear tires are not "floating" from the balance of weight ratio from front to rear..

I agree on heavier springs up front..if not..at least heavy duty shocks.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Get some 886 springs and a locker, and you'll be fine.