Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust clamps and resonator

Old 10-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
Wizard Sleeve Master
Amo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Amo-cat3's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust clamps and resonator

So I'm trying to get rid of some of the raspiness and quiet down my exhaust a little. My MBRP exhaust is 2.5" so i bought a 2.5" ultra quiet vibrant resonator and 2.5" in butt joint exhaust coupler Exhaust clamps and resonator-clamp.jpg I assumed a 2.5" butt joint clamp was to butt two 2.5" pipes together, but doesn't seem to be right.

I tried to test fit the clamp to the resontor and it is too small. I sent an email to the company i got the clamp from to see if i'm supposed to buy a larger clamp but won't know until after the weekend is over.

So, for the exhaust gurus what is the rule of thumb with exhaust clamps and pipe size? I'm going to exchange the 2.5 for 2.75".

I don't want it welded as i want to keep it so i can try other mufflers etc..