Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

throttle body spacer

Old 11-07-2008, 08:17 PM   #1
07bluesprt is on a distinguished road
07bluesprt's Tacoma Gallery
throttle body spacer

Has anyone tried using the air raid throttle body spacer? I just put a 3" lift on and want to try and improve power and fuel mileage. Any feed back would be great.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
those things are a waste of your money. dont buy it. BTW welcome to tw.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
I can't speak for the 4 cyl engines, but I know for the 4.0L because it utilizes variable length runners, a TBS won't provide hardly any gains. Look up ACIS for the 1GRFE for more details on that.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah the most it will do is add a whistle to your engine. Youd be better off just buying a MAF sensor calibrator from URD. best way to go IMO
Old 11-07-2008, 08:36 PM   #5
07bluesprt is on a distinguished road
07bluesprt's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! I think I'll just save the money and buy a performance chip.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:37 PM   #6

yeah go for it. what ever you want. although, i have heard that those arent that great either. might want to look into the MAF sensor from URD. just a suggestion
Old 11-08-2008, 05:33 AM   #7
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07bluesprt View Post
Thanks! I think I'll just save the money and buy a performance chip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
yeah go for it. what ever you want. although, i have heard that those arent that great either. might want to look into the MAF sensor from URD. just a suggestion
Dito... There aren't any 'chips' available for the trucks per say.. To tune the AFR for a safer/more powerful ratio the URD Maf Cal is a great way to do it.