Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Holy shit I need help:

Old 11-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Holy shit I need help w/tuning:

OK, so I went and hooked up my LM 2. Wide Band & OBD.

Well, my R4 controller software for my MAF Cali says, can not connect ECU (check power and/or conections). Calibrator has been in for bout a month or more and had no issues, ie.. CEL. So what could it be.

Any info or tips on trouble shooting is welcomed.

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #2
Tman is on a distinguished road

Navy: Chief Radioman (RMC SW)
Tman's Tacoma Gallery
Is your truck actually throwing a SES light ? if so, I would just attempt to clear the code then attempt to clear it then run the program again and see what you get.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman View Post
Is your truck actually throwing a SES light ? if so, I would just attempt to clear the code then attempt to clear it then run the program again and see what you get.
No codes. I just went back out to retry. Now the LM-2 is working perfect. It my R4 controller that keeps saying can not connect to ECU.

The LM 2 is fun though. Way more info than a scangauge and you can calibrate your Throttle position sensor among other things.

My AFR is around 13.6 at idle, and between 12.7 & 14.6 during driving normal. Not sure why the fluctuation (Need to study that). The LM 2 even shows my open loop, short term, and long term fuel trims. Which are all used to tune the URD MAF.

If I could just figure why the R4 controller cant connect I would be tuning away
Old 11-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #4
Enjoying my addiction

Exclamation

OK, cancel this thread Im an idiot. I dont know how I missed this very important detail, but in order to tune your truck, you use a scan tool and wide band sensor. But, that good owe serial to usb cabel that is recommended, well that plugs into the calibrator. I actually have to open the calibrator and plug in.

So I guess I take the dumb ass bullet on this. Lets not have anyone else posting this question in the future, LOL...

Will post results tommorow night.

Laters.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #5
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
I actually have to open the calibrator and plug in.

So I guess I take the dumb ass bullet on this..
First step, verify all connections. Second step double check all connections.

Glad it worked out for you.