Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Help white smoke coming out of exhaust!

Old 11-08-2008, 11:57 PM   #1
john3:16 is on a distinguished road
john3:16's Tacoma Gallery
Help white smoke coming out of exhaust!

so i just installed my doug thorley long tube headers with the URD y-pipe and im getting an odd amount of white smoke coming out of the end of the exhaust... could any body diagnose my problem? i had no problems previous to the install and it i understand that ill smell the difference cause of removing the cats... help please
Old 11-09-2008, 04:10 AM   #2
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Is the "white smoke" sweet smelling? Could be coolant. Do you know if the headers and pipes are shipped "pickled"? Meaning that they are oil coated to prevent corrosion while sitting in stock/shipping.

That's it from me....
Old 11-09-2008, 05:03 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
Was the white smoke on start up or all the time even after it reached operating temp. what was the out side temp at the time.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:52 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDITECH View Post
Was the white smoke on start up or all the time even after it reached operating temp. what was the out side temp at the time.
X2.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:28 AM   #5
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Don'tcha love it when we post in harmonyName:  redguy dancing.gif
Views: 201
Size:  3.3 KB.....
Old 11-09-2008, 07:41 AM   #6
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
i have no idea what this thread is about... I came in here and all i saw was this

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD MORNING to you too!!!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 03:15 PM   #7
the temp was around low to mid 70's white smoke was still there when it was at operating temp. and i think it may have been pickled but not sure... ive been driving it around and im not too sure if the white smoke is still there... im thinking that its the header gaskets i tried reusing them from the stock gasket but i shall be replacing them this week
Old 11-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3:16 View Post
the temp was around low to mid 70's white smoke was still there when it was at operating temp. and i think it may have been pickled but not sure... ive been driving it around and im not too sure if the white smoke is still there... im thinking that its the header gaskets i tried reusing them from the stock gasket but i shall be replacing them this week
Can you have someone follow you in another vehicle? Sounds like it may just be steam, or some kind of burn off from the exhaust.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:12 PM   #9
so i was driving it today and it didnt seem like it was smoking too much, im thinking that it might just be steam, however is that normal when installing the long tubes? does anyone else have problems like this?
Old 11-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3:16 View Post
so i was driving it today and it didnt seem like it was smoking too much, im thinking that it might just be steam, however is that normal when installing the long tubes? does anyone else have problems like this?
I havent installed the long tubes on a second gen yet, but Im sure its just some oil burning off in the header. My NWOR header did this after I installed it. Check to make sure it doesnt continue. If it does, you may have a different issue.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #11
yeah so im gonna replace some gaskets and ill see what the verdict is...