Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Dual exhaust= bigger spare wont fit

Old 10-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
Coyboy 0351 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 3/3 I CO WPNS PLT   0351
Coyboy 0351's Tacoma Gallery
Dual exhaust= bigger spare wont fit

Has anyony had the issues with Flowmaster American Thunder Dual exhaust and a bigger spare tire not fitting un the truck?
Old 10-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Well a larger spare doesn't fit anyway unless you cut the tabs out. But this is another reason why you don't go duals on a truck. Good luck man.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
A 285 tire would be a tight fit. When I had my american thunder, I had to pull the tire back towards the bumper after every 3 or 4 cranks of the cable so my 265 spare tire would tuck above the pipe, and then pull it back while I snugged the cable to keep the tire off the pipe. There isn't much room.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
whats wrong with duals on a truck?
Old 10-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
You could have the exhaust exit before the rear wheels or have them exit the bedsides. I haven't seen that on a Tacoma, yet.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
Big Metal Hubajube
oZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SatCom Veteran
oZmonKey's Tacoma Gallery
You could do something like this:

If you don't mind your truck looking absolutely ridiculous.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:02 PM   #7
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oZmonKey View Post
You could do something like this:

If you don't mind your truck looking absolutely ridiculous.
Stacks arent stupid if they are on a diesel
Old 10-29-2011, 07:04 AM   #8
Well HELL.... Called flowmaster yesterday and the guy said thats why we dont recommend the dual exhaust if you plan on using bigger tires... I said thats nice of you to mention that now, seeing as just before I ordered it I mentioned that the exhaust was the first step before the lift it and get bigger tires. #@$%
Old 10-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #9
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
MJ fits a full 285 spare with dual exhaust.
I saw him do it at a mod day..I think Jlee cut the tabs off if I remember right and they had to guide it up..but his exhaust is like within 5/8ths an inch from the tire lol
Old 10-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #10
Thinkin maybe I could angle it and wedge it to keep it angled so i can tighten it up. Use some header wrap on the exhaust pipe just insulate the heat from the tire... I am just gonna have to get under and dick around with it next week... Gives me an excuse to have a few of the boys over help and drink some beers!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:18 AM   #11
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
the guy who did my flowmaster muffler recommended not going dual exhaust because the driver side pipes have to be fitted around the spare tire and its either a tight fit or it can be hit by the leaf springs/axle going over bumps. have you had problems with that?
Old 10-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #12
It will fit but the tire touches the tail pipe... I got to get it atleast 1/2 in away from the pipe.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #13
Money Pit
tacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant future

Name: Chase
tacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
What about re-routing the piping so it goes around on the other side of the axle and then over the axle on the drivers side like it does on the pass side?
Old 10-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #14
gtdad66 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
gtdad66's Tacoma Gallery
i like my magna flow exhaust. not duals but sounds great to me.