Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Brakes Grab and Release

Old 11-09-2008, 08:39 PM   #1
Dentinskillet is on a distinguished road
Dentinskillet's Tacoma Gallery
Brakes Grab and Release

My brakes have been grabing hard and then releasing. I notice it more when I brake slowly. Someone said my rotors might be warped. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to solve it? If I have to replace them would I be better off with aftermarket rotors or just sticking with OEM?
Old 11-09-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentinskillet View Post
My brakes have been grabing hard and then releasing. I notice it more when I brake slowly. Someone said my rotors might be warped. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to solve it? If I have to replace them would I be better off with aftermarket rotors or just sticking with OEM?
Is this happening in a fast pulsing way, or intermitently?
Old 11-09-2008, 08:47 PM   #3
Dentinskillet is on a distinguished road
Dentinskillet's Tacoma Gallery
It happens Intermediately. Grabs releases.. Grabs realease.. over and over untill I stop completely.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #4
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like rotors to me
Old 11-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentinskillet View Post
It happens Intermediately. Grabs releases.. Grabs realease.. over and over untill I stop completely.
Your rotors are warped. OEM is a good replacement, but others will chime in with some options to consider.

Replaceing the rotors is as easy as chngeing the oil.