Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

help choosing clutch

Old 10-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
help choosing clutch

hey guys im gonna be needing a new clutch soon so i wanted to pick one up to have it ready for when it goes out. any specific brand you guys recommend? should i stick to factory? let me know what you think engine is the 2rz
Old 10-31-2011, 03:30 AM   #2
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Normal driving?
Performance oriented?
Wheeling/desert running?
What do you use your truck for?

Normal driving I recommend Exedy OEM replacement clutches...they are fairly cheap and GREAT clutches...they are around $150. I had one in my old 2WD Tacoma

Performance oriented(if you plan on boosting the truck), then I recommend Competition Stage 4...they are around $350.

Wheeling/desert running..I'd get a Marlin HD 1200lb..300lb extra on pressure plate over stock. My cousin has one in his Taco..great investment for cheap and great for wheeling..like $185.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

its my dd and i do mild wheeling so something close to stock or slightly beefier cuz arent stock ones shit? well at least ive heard..
Old 10-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Get the Marlin then..the pressure plate wont heat up as bad when its slipped while wheeling
Old 10-31-2011, 08:34 PM   #5

where would be the best place to get it??
Old 10-31-2011, 09:09 PM   #6
I'll eat all your food.

Marlin Crawler, the only place
Old 10-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #7

is it gonna stiffen up the pedal alot??
Old 10-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #8
I'll eat all your food.

Uhm Im not sure, let me talk to my cousin and see how much more then stock. I know a comp stage 4 will and engage harder but people still daily drive them. Ikl ask my cousin about his marlin