Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

MagnaFlow Pro Series Turndown

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
jjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jjbsocal's Tacoma Gallery
MagnaFlow Pro Series Turndown

I just scored a set of DT Shorties and now turning my attention to the exhaust.. I was thinking duals and chop them at the axle and add turn downs, but then i found this;http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-17115/?rtype=4

Anybody have any experience with this? I have a '10 DCLB and want to keep things CARB compliant and the exhaust out of the way of suspension, etc..

Any recommendations would be helpful, thanks.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
A guy on here had one. I mean there is nothing special about it other than it is chopped early but it is your standard Magnaflow exhaust.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
jjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

There should be no problems fitting, right?
Old 11-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #4

Anyone? I could really use some help since planning to install headers/exhaust this week..
Old 11-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Call them since you have a long bed.

live via
Old 11-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #6
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
I have the MBRP turndown cat back. It came for a longbed so I cut 13" off and it fits on my shortbed.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ I have this same exhaust, got it for 190 shipped on fleabay. No complaints at all.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #8

I was looking at the MBRP too.. Performance? Sound? I called them today and they said it would fit no problems.. Would you do this over a MagnaFlow?
Old 11-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
Banned
I saw the MBRP unit in person. It looked pretty good. I have been thinking about swapping my Banks kit for something else and these turndown systems would be perfect but I would try to angle the exhaust tip outward toward the side of the truck to minimize droning.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #10
jtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
jtlachac08's Tacoma Gallery
Theres a thread on here from a guys saying beware of this magnaflow kit on LB something with the fitment. I just bought this magnaflow OFFROAD kit about 2 weeks, I have a SB tho. The kit went it in seriously in about 15 min. on a lift and that includes taking the stock exhaust off. Love the sound, pretty throaty, not so happy with the lose of low end torque tho... Can def feel a difference at higher speeds on the freeway for passing. If you search the magnaflow P/N on here you'll probably find the thread im talkin about
Old 11-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #12
jtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
jtlachac08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
No complaints from me.

Regarding MBRP or Magnaflow?

This is the thread I was referencing
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...w-17115-a.html
Old 11-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #13

Thanks everyone.. It seems the MBRP is whats going on the truck.. I will let you know how it fits / sounds / etc..
Old 11-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #14
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlachac08 View Post
Regarding MBRP or Magnaflow?

This is the thread I was referencing
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...w-17115-a.html
My MBRP
Old 11-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #15
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I can post up a sound clip is anyone so desires
Old 11-09-2011, 06:44 AM   #16
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
post a clip id like to hear it im shopping around for an exhaust
Old 12-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #17

Finally got the exhaust!!.. Now gotta get installed..!! I went with an MBRP cutoff before the axle.. As soon as I get it on, I will post pics and sounds..
Old 12-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
I've got a downturned MBRP as well. It's freakin awesome.

Sweet!! Not ricey at all.. I think the MBRP plus the DTShorties will sound wicked..

Thanks for the sound byte!!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #20
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gdK-...&feature=g-upl
That sounds awesome!!! Thanks a lot for posting the sound clip.

Few questions;

- is the MBRP muffler straight through design? Like this;

- what size is the exhaust piping?

Products Discussed in this Thread