Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Dual exhaust

Old 11-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Dual exhaust

I have seen some tacos with dual exhausts...what are everyones thoughts on them?
Would I be better off buying a cat back?
Old 11-11-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
well it depends. catbacks in general are only good for about 5 horsepower. if your going for sound, just buy a muffler, and have a shop weld it on for you.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #4
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
cat back is not worth it IMO, if you are going for sound just get the muffler and get a shop to weld it for you. If you like the look of duals just get the one in two out muffler(will cost more however because of the extra pipe and tip). I have 50 flowmaster with duals and I really like the sound and look, good luck bro
Old 11-13-2008, 09:22 AM   #5
Toyota_hic is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
Toyota_hic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toyota_hic
i love my duals...i have 2 40series coming strate out the back with stainless tips....it was about $400 for everything including installation...i had already bought the 50series 1in 2 out, it just wasn't for me and it was about the same price as my duals i think the 50series was around $350 without installation
Old 11-13-2008, 05:59 PM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Yeah...Lots of discussions have been had about dual exhausts. True dual systems will hurt performance.

As far as cat back systems and mufflers:
You are better off buying a dynomax (for performance) or flowmaster (for sound) 1 in-2 out muffler and having a shop bend you up some pipes from the muffler back.

Cat back will cost you more and get you negligible gains.

I think that roughly sums up all the stuff you could have found with a search...