LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Toyota 6.2l V8, Twin Turbo, 50 psi, 10000 rpm = 2500 HP!

Old 11-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #21
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
Am I missing something... I had no idea a 6.2l V8 was offered for Tundras... or Toyotas in general.
Stroked 5.7L...
Old 11-11-2011, 11:54 PM   #22
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by screename View Post
It was deemed a "sleeper" because of the 2500hp. Most supras are in the 600+ range and those that hit the 1000hp mark are in a pretty elite group. 2500hp in a street car is not expected. Thats why its considered a sleeper.
I hope that's not there logic. In this day and age a supra cannot be a sleeper.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:42 AM   #23
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Badddd.
Those things are 400hp stock non stroked..don't see why you couldn't get 800 N/A out of it..if you can get 800 N/A..I'm pretty sure two 78mm's on 50psi will up it quite a bit lol.

50psi is alot more then some imagine hahaha.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:16 AM   #24
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meantaco View Post
nice supra but all that power is worthless if you cant get traction...
no shit, needs AWD and would launch like rocket!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #26
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
Badddd.
Those things are 400hp stock non stroked..don't see why you couldn't get 800 N/A out of it..if you can get 800 N/A..I'm pretty sure two 78mm's on 50psi will up it quite a bit lol.

50psi is alot more then some imagine hahaha.
I thought they were 320 stock turbo and 280 stock n/a, I have never heard of 2J running 800 n/a, where did you hear about that?
Old 11-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #27
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
I thought they were 320 stock turbo and 280 stock n/a, I have never heard of 2J running 800 n/a, where did you hear about that?
That motor isn't a 2JZ..dipshit.

Since when was a 2JZ a V-8..

That's a 3UR..5.7L Toyota motor found in Tundras..
381hp, 401tq stock..
3600rpm..that motor could rev to 8500 grand if it wanted to with the right valve kit.

Far as I know, those are used on the TRD Camry's in Nascar...
Old 11-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #28
I'll eat all your food.

I tend to quote things when I'm referring to them like others do, if it's not quoted..then its talking about the original post.

Sorry if I came off like an asshole, I've had a hard day..done 2 sets of axles underneith Chevys, tilt wheel in my Toyota, pulled a front loader apart to get the radiator out, and did a fuckload of grinding.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #29
I'll eat all your food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
fair nuff...........I just know I cant quote using the TW mobile version so I do not depend on people always quoting. Shit happens.
I run full page TW on my phone..!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #30
TAP Auto Parts
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
A Supra without a the 3.0 straight 6 2JZ is garbage if you ask me. 2500 hp? Really? What good is that? 1000 HP is hard enough to put down let alone 250% of that. Thing is just a dyno queen. Sad to see such a great car wasted.
Texas mile cars are running in the 1400-1600hp range. He plans to dominate that. This car is geared to go 280mph, and it will do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Curious if the rearend is stamped Ford.
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
That motor isn't a 2JZ..dipshit.

Since when was a 2JZ a V-8..

That's a 3UR..5.7L Toyota motor found in Tundras..
381hp, 401tq stock..
3600rpm..that motor could rev to 8500 grand if it wanted to with the right valve kit.

Far as I know, those are used on the TRD Camry's in Nascar...
No, pushrod style engines are used in nascar. The nascar engine is TRD built and a non car production engine, not based on anything.

For the last few years people have been building 1400-1600hp street cars (Vette, Lambo, Viper, Supra, GT, Porsche, etc) 1000hp is no longer "impressive" to those in that world.

There are two 2JZ powered STREET driven supras that make around 1600whp that I am aware of. And when I mean street they run on E85 and drive around on the street, go to work, etc.

The 2JZ has been pushed to 2500hp in race trim, so 2500 for a motor of this size is no problem.

Now go check out Nelson Supercars, AEBS, Danzio, Twins Turbo, anything tuned by Shane. T, EVOms, AMS Alpha, Hennessy, SSC, HKS (2000hp 3UZ back in the mid 90s) and call their cars dyno queens.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #31
TAP Auto Parts
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
http://www.titanmotorsports.com/to1fzenpr1hp.html
Toyota Landcruiser 1FZ 3.5l making 1800hp for sale!

Big power is not hard with big turbos. You just need a big wallet, and big balls to drive it. Everything real big...
Old 11-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #32
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas of MRT View Post
Texas mile cars are running in the 1400-1600hp range. He plans to dominate that. This car is geared to go 280mph, and it will do it.

Nope.

No, pushrod style engines are used in nascar. The nascar engine is TRD built and a non car production engine, not based on anything.

For the last few years people have been building 1400-1600hp street cars (Vette, Lambo, Viper, Supra, GT, Porsche, etc) 1000hp is no longer "impressive" to those in that world.

There are two 2JZ powered STREET driven supras that make around 1600whp that I am aware of. And when I mean street they run on E85 and drive around on the street, go to work, etc.

The 2JZ has been pushed to 2500hp in race trim, so 2500 for a motor of this size is no problem.

Now go check out Nelson Supercars, AEBS, Danzio, Twins Turbo, anything tuned by Shane. T, EVOms, AMS Alpha, Hennessy, SSC, HKS (2000hp 3UZ back in the mid 90s) and call their cars dyno queens.
You would need balls the size of bowling balls to go that fast in this car. I sure hope they fully analyzed the aerodynamics of the car to make sure it can stay planted and in control at those speeds.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #33
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No it wont. It isnt going to be able to put the power down. Your talking about 2500 HP. You obviously dont understand the physics of that but it wont do what you say.

Also my truck is geared to go 150mph if i wanted, but it wont do that either.
Precisely. I had 300whp and 300wtq in 2800lbs FWD Nissan. 1st and 2nd gear were useless in boost, that was measly 10psi on T3/T4 60 trim on 2.5L engine...

In order to put that power down efficiently he needs slicks and progressive boost controller. I bet launching that car is very easy

Really when it comes down to power there are two kinds of power;

1, useable power - power with which you can launch the car easily and its still fun to drive.

2, stupid power - not easy to launch, completely gutless until the turbo spools. I have been around few 800whp+ Supras, most boring cars to drive... No power down low, once you hit 80+mph it pulls like freight train, ya very use full in the "fun to drive" factor...

Honestly, that much power you NEED AWD. 2wd will result in crazy wheelspin in any gear with that amount of power...

Needless to say this aint no street car, this is useless but beautiful dyno/trailer queen.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #34
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
I can fap to this.
WIN.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #35
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
How can there be so much hate in a thread with a beautiful work of art? And at the sames time a thread about eyelids on a tacoma gets lots of props.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #37
TAP Auto Parts
Quote:
No it wont. It isnt going to be able to put the power down. Your talking about 2500 HP. You obviously dont understand the physics of that but it wont do what you say.

Putting the power down is not the problem. No one said you had to use all of it at once.... The problem is aerodynamics and the high rate of speed, suspension setup, tires...

Here is a bunch of dyno queen cars driving around.

2000hp pump gas - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arrELslh57U
2500hp nelson block - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRSugcmEaYo
2000hp heffner viper - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKIFjQIgmOA
1700hp street car - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrM4Z2EcTsQ
Old 11-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #38
TAP Auto Parts
[QUOTE=m3bassman;4035328]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas of MRT View Post
2000hp pump gas -
Car doesnt look fast for 2000hp. Probably cuz you cant go full throttle, making that much power pointless.
2500hp nelson block -
2000hp heffner viper - ON slicks.
1700hp street car - thats 800 hp shy of 2500 proposed HP. That is more than 4 Tacoma engines!

No, I am not joking. The nelson car is a on street tires with a 50 year old chassis. This car has so much more technology in it over the Nelson car, suspension, aero, etc.

How do you know they aren't planning to race this Supra on slicks? It is designed for Texas mile racing, I dont know of any street tires designed to go over 250mph....

Besides, this car is designed to run at 1900-2100hp, not the 2600hp limit it is built for.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:20 AM   #39
screename has a spectacular aura aboutscreename has a spectacular aura about
Name: Van
screename's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Here is Boost Logic's Stock bodied Supra going 246.2 MPH with 1300 rwhp. No widebody. Stock front clip. Stock chassis. Stock 6 speed. Yes, gaining an additional 35 mph from 245 is going to be REALLY hard and it is obviously exponentially harder than gaining 35 mph from 145mph BUT you made it out to be absolutely impossible and said so in a very condescending and asinine manner. With a lot more power, properly geared transmission, aerodynamic and chassis enhancements, purpose rubber, proper suspension, and proper tuning.....who knows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6mOkWuaAC0
Old 11-16-2011, 10:27 PM   #40
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
any vids of the supra?