Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Toyota 6.2l V8, Twin Turbo, 50 psi, 10000 rpm = 2500 HP!

Old 11-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
screename has a spectacular aura aboutscreename has a spectacular aura about
Name: Van
screename's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota 6.2l V8, Twin Turbo, 50 psi, 10000 rpm = 2500 HP!

This thing is going to be NASTYYYYYYYYY. 3UR-FE FTMFW

THE ULTIMATE STREET CAR: CHRIS RADO'S 2500HP SUPRA

There was only one car that was fitting enough to end this month's Street Cars & Sleepers theme. And this is it. For the past couple of years, the maniac known as Chris Rado has been devising plans to build his ultimate street car. Of course, for someone who pilots a 2000hp drag car and the Team NFS time attack car, his interpretation of 'ultimate' is somewhat more extreme than what you or I might come up with. For Chris Rado, his ultimate street car is this Toyota Supra. Metal wide-body, custom wheels, custom brakes. And a twin turbo V8 producing 2500hp.

To unveil this stunning street car, we thought it best if Chris Rado walked you through its build.
Chris Rado: As soon as you walk up to the vehicle and see the 6.2 liter Toyota V8 engine and the 76mm billet titanium turbos on the WORLD Racing Supra you soon realize this is definitely not your normal Supra build.

Mike Alejos is point man on this project coordinating many aspects of the build to ensure the Supra meets our standards along with jumping in and getting dirty whenever needed to make this rolling missile come to life.

Robbie Miller from Robbie Miller Racecars is doing all the chassis fab along with engine, transmission, and drivetrain mounting. When it comes to putting a chassis together properly and making things work well, there are few people that can do what Robbie does in his sleep.

Everybody knows that if you plan on going fast you should probably have one - or in my opinion two - of these wonderful devices on your car. Mike from Kognition built us some monster wings so that a car like this could really put the power down and stay glued.

Itís a BIG engineÖ which one you ask? This is a 376 cubic inch Toyota 3UR-FE V8 which can rev to 10,000 RPMs and handle up to 50 lbs of boost. This power plant is typically found in most late model Toyota Tundras and Sequoias.

Robbie Miller doing his magic, creating the new firewall.

Brembo Italy worked in conjunction with Race Technologies here in the US to come up with this custom Brembo GT-R kit for our Supra. Letís remember the above picture is of the 15-inch rear calipers. Just wait until you see whatís up front.

This wheel and tire combo has definitely been given my seal of approval, or maybe Iím just so tired here that I wasnít sure what to do when the camera was pointed at me, so I just went with the classic thumbs up!!

How you doin ahh?

Here Scotty puts the finishing touches on as sheís lowered to the ground for the first time.
What you see here is just a taste of what's to come; an introduction to the WORLD Racing Top Speed BMF Supra. 2500hp, 3000lb curb weight, 8 cylinders, two billet titanium turbos, and enough wing and rubber that you might just think its an airplane. For those who happen to be in Vegas for SEMA, you can check it out in person. If you dare.
Photos by Larry Chen and Chris Harrington
Old 11-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Liquid I View Post
X1.5

What. A. Awesome. Car.

Wonder how much he spent in it?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #4
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
Best car and brand he could have chosen. I love Supra's, especially that generation. Couldn't have picked a better car.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #5
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Wonder if that motor would fit in my tacoma.........
Old 11-10-2011, 10:02 PM   #6
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
thats fucking sick!!!! wish they still made supras
Old 11-11-2011, 04:47 AM   #7
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Indeed.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #9
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
It's light too. I wouldn't call it a sleeper with two front mounted turbos lol.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #10
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x eleventybillion
Old 11-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #11
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayNnite4 View Post
wish they still made supras
x2!!! I love those cars.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #12
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
Holy shit!!!!! Fuckin awesome! So does this motor rev to 10,000 in tha tundra!? I doubt it! And if this thing can handle up to 50 psi, how come no one has put a turbo on this beast on a tundra!!!?? If I ever get a tundra with tha 6.2 this would be tha first thing I would do!

Thats what I was thinking, what do they have to do to that block/head to handle all that boost? Im sure they put sleeves in, and some nice head studs, shoot if that motor can handle all that, i will definitly be looking into swapping one of those into my MKIII Supra rather than a 2JZ
Old 11-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #13
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Jeebus....

That thing is going to be a handfull, I see roasting tires in every gear.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #14
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
The last body supra has to be the sexiest car that is affordable. Not talking about crazy super cars or awesome old muscle cars
Old 11-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #15
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
The last body supra has to be the sexiest car that is affordable. Not talking about crazy super cars or awesome old muscle cars
I dont know about that, you can find a decent one for under 20k sometimes but whenever I look for one just to see the price, its usually around 50k, not affordable for me at least.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #16
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice supra but all that power is worthless if you cant get traction...
Old 11-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #17
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I can fap to this.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #18
screename has a spectacular aura aboutscreename has a spectacular aura about
Name: Van
screename's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdcfan View Post
It's light too. I wouldn't call it a sleeper with two front mounted turbos lol.
It was deemed a "sleeper" because of the 2500hp. Most supras are in the 600+ range and those that hit the 1000hp mark are in a pretty elite group. 2500hp in a street car is not expected. Thats why its considered a sleeper.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #19
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
Holy shit!!!!! Fuckin awesome! So does this motor rev to 10,000 in tha tundra!? I doubt it! And if this thing can handle up to 50 psi, how come no one has put a turbo on this beast on a tundra!!!?? If I ever get a tundra with tha 6.2 this would be tha first thing I would do!
5.7L Tundra revs to 6k rpm, that engine is HIGHLY modified...
Old 11-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #20
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
Am I missing something... I had no idea a 6.2l V8 was offered for Tundras... or Toyotas in general.