Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

performance jet chip worth it?

Old 11-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
craziemofo is on a distinguished road
craziemofo's Tacoma Gallery
performance jet chip worth it?

i was surfing the internet and stubbled upon a performance jet chip for tacomas up till 07. If anyone else has heard bout this to let me know bout it cuz i have no idea haha
Old 11-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
I heard its a huge waste of money.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
I heard its a huge waste of money.
It IS a huge waste of money.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra69 View Post
My Taco came witha button for increased power when towing.
Is it the "ECT" button?
If so, I belive it only changes shift points of the auto tranny.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra69 View Post
yeah that would be it.........yeah i know ,but it feels like you gain 40 hp.............lol
LOL, 50 if you have a sockmonkey sticker.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
did you buy it?
cuz i'm looking for something that will give me some extra hp
Old 11-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #12
caliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the rough

Name: kyle
caliKxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Sell the 2.7 L engine and slam a 5.7 Tundra engine in there. All the power you could crave.
same thing as self destruct button, lol
Old 11-17-2008, 01:09 AM   #13
haven't done anything to the engine yet. i wanted some feedback before i started. what could i do thats resonable?
Old 11-17-2008, 02:11 AM   #14
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by craziemofo View Post
haven't done anything to the engine yet. i wanted some feedback before i started. what could i do thats resonable?
Ok...this is a good start- Maybe a little bit about what your goals are...You want a powerful towing rig...or a street machine??

The more info you can give the tech wizards...the better crafted your answer will be...
Old 11-17-2008, 07:03 AM   #15
caliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the rough

Name: kyle
caliKxracer's Tacoma Gallery
cold air intake is always a start, exhaust, headers
Old 11-17-2008, 09:36 AM   #16
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
yeah if you do not choose the force induction route, intake/header/exhaust/urd maf should show some reasonable gains
Old 11-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #17
well it is only a four banger, so i'd like some more towing power or torque but just some more power

i was thinking cold air intake, but what is urd maf?
Old 11-18-2008, 09:50 PM   #18
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the link to the URD MAF, this can describe it better than I haha. It is well-spoken of round these parts. Good thing about this device is that if you do get that cold air intake, this unit will help you get all you can from it.
http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p..._id=1260198051
Old 11-22-2008, 07:39 AM   #19
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by craziemofo View Post
i was surfing the internet and stubbled upon a performance jet chip for tacomas up till 07. If anyone else has heard bout this to let me know bout it cuz i have no idea haha
Leave it alone. That is all I am going to say about that operation.

Gadget
Old 11-22-2008, 11:06 PM   #20
HILOTOY
HILOTOY will become famous soon enoughHILOTOY will become famous soon enough

HILOTOY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
Leave it alone. That is all I am going to say about that operation.

Gadget

Yup.....listen to Gadget