Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD S/C - Install myself or let stealership do it?

View Poll Results: Install supercharger myself of let stealership do it?
Self Install 83 53.90%
Stealership Install 71 46.10%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2011, 03:28 AM   #21
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
lol, nope, probably just down southern Alberta, like Red deer or Calgary. still a good 700km south of here, would make weekend trips to the states doable
nice man. ill be moving the day i get back to the states lol. i currently dont have a house because i sent the wife home with her parents and i got rid of my apartment so i could bank as much money as i could while i was out here. so ill be moving on base the day or day after i get home
Old 11-26-2011, 03:42 AM   #22
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Moving onto the base?? Not really sure how that works with the military but what if they move you too another station?? then what would happen with the house you bought on base?
Old 11-26-2011, 03:47 AM   #23
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Moving onto the base?? Not really sure how that works with the military but what if they move you too another station?? then what would happen with the house you bought on base?
its hard to explain to somebody not in the military but here it goes lol:

you dont "buy" the house. we get something in our paychecks called BAH - Basic Allowance of Housing.

if i move on base, they simply give that money to the contractors running the housing system instead of putting it in my bank account.

if i live off base, the BAH would simply be put in my bank account and i would then use that for rent/mortgage
Old 11-26-2011, 03:53 AM   #24
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not a bad system, I assume its cheaper to live on base then off??
Old 11-26-2011, 04:07 AM   #25
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Not a bad system, I assume its cheaper to live on base then off??
depends on how high of a rank you are, because they take all of your BAH regardless of rank. so me, making $955 in BAH per month, vs a colonel making probably 3-4 times that, its more worthwhile for the colonel to live off base.

also when you live on base all utilities are included in your housing cost so its all payed for
Old 11-26-2011, 04:20 AM   #26

Ahh, I see, pro's and con's to everything
Old 11-26-2011, 04:22 AM   #28
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Ahh, I see, pro's and con's to everything
absolutly everything in the military lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
DIY man.
im feelin it
Old 11-26-2011, 05:00 AM   #30
Bam-Ba-Lam

still open for poll voting and other thoughts
Old 11-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #31
Bam-Ba-Lam

bump for voting
Old 11-26-2011, 08:01 AM   #32
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
I'd do it myself for sure.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #33
4Runner guy
Ripcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
Ripcord's Tacoma Gallery
Call the dealer you plan to go to and see if they have anyone with experience installing this particular S/C. If they do not, do it yourself.

I did mine in my garage with a few buddies, BTW. I'd do it again too.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #34
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
Call the dealer you plan to go to and see if they have anyone with experience installing this particular S/C. If they do not, do it yourself.

I did mine in my garage with a few buddies, BTW. I'd do it again too.
I know you dont have a tacoma, but about how long did it take you?
Old 11-26-2011, 11:24 AM   #36
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
It took a Saturday morning.
Ok. Good to know. Im 98% positive ill be doing this myself. Its not the first time ive had a brand new engine torn apart so im very confident in my abilities
Old 11-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #37
4Runner guy
Ripcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
Ripcord's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
Ok. Good to know. Im 98% positive ill be doing this myself. Its not the first time ive had a brand new engine torn apart so im very confident in my abilities
Yeah that would make me nervous. My engine had just hit 100k when i did mine, so I was a little more relaxed about it.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #38
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Yeah that would make me nervous. My engine had just hit 100k when i did mine, so I was a little more relaxed about it.
No reason to be nervous, its the same motor to me, whether it has 100 miles or 100,000 miles. Still the same motor
Old 11-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #39
RoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to behold

RoyR's Tacoma Gallery
I installed the Roush in my Stang...I say do it yourself, can't beat the reward!
Old 11-26-2011, 08:51 PM   #40
Bam-Ba-Lam

Bump for thoughts