Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD S/C - Install myself or let stealership do it?

View Poll Results: Install supercharger myself of let stealership do it?
Self Install 83 53.90%
Stealership Install 71 46.10%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #41
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Back for another night shift

And do it yourself
Old 11-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #42
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Back for another night shift

And do it yourself
yea lol, its 8:15 in the morning here
Old 11-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #43
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How long does your shift run?? or are you even considered "On Duty" right now??
Old 11-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #44
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
How long does your shift run?? or are you even considered "On Duty" right now??
yea im "on" duty lol, just bored so surfin around on the interwebz.

my shift is anywheres from 6am to midnight depending on whats going on that day.

usually its from 7am to 6pm though

last week i worked from 6am to midnight. i hope i dont have to do that again. hot damn was i tired!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
yea im "on" duty lol, just bored so surfin around on the interwebz.

my shift is anywheres from 6am to midnight depending on whats going on that day.

usually its from 7am to 6pm though

last week i worked from 6am to midnight. i hope i dont have to do that again. hot damn was i tired!
Yea I don't blame you, I think 16 hour days is the legal limit here in Canada
Old 11-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #46
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
I've looking into the same thing myself, haven't decided whether or not to do it myself or not either, from what I understand tho, if you are some what mechanically inclined it should be easy to do yourself

Not sure where your warranty info came from because this is what it states on the TRD page:

"The warranty is the same as the Toyota Powertrain Warranty of up to y years or 60,000 miles or the remainder of the powertrain warranty at the time of the installation when installed by a Toyota dealer. Installations by anyone other than a Toyota dealer carry a 12 month/12,000 mile parts only warranty."

Source: http://www.toyotaracing.com/trd/feat...ercharger.html
Old 11-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #47
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
I've looking into the same thing myself, haven't decided whether or not to do it myself or not either, from what I understand tho, if you are some what mechanically inclined it should be easy to do yourself

Not sure where your warranty info came from because this is what it states on the TRD page:

"The warranty is the same as the Toyota Powertrain Warranty of up to y years or 60,000 miles or the remainder of the powertrain warranty at the time of the installation when installed by a Toyota dealer. Installations by anyone other than a Toyota dealer carry a 12 month/12,000 mile parts only warranty."

Source: http://www.toyotaracing.com/trd/feat...ercharger.html
that is the same warranty info i posted lol.

it doesnt look hard to do at all, i posted the same thing in xr-underground.com and got very different poll results lol. almost 20 votes and none for the stealership to do it.

people on TW are just skurred
Old 11-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #48
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that is the same warranty info i posted lol.

it doesnt look hard to do at all, i posted the same thing in xr-underground.com and got very different poll results lol. almost 20 votes and none for the stealership to do it.

people on TW are just skurred
Oh okay, just by reading the OP (and the quoted section) it makes it sound like the warranty is the same no matter who does the install (you or dealership).
Old 11-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #49
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh yes. on tuesday, the count will be:

2 months down, 4 to go
Where in NM??
Old 11-26-2011, 10:43 PM   #50
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
Where in NM??
alamogordo, kinda near las cruces
Old 11-26-2011, 10:55 PM   #51
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
alamogordo, kinda near las cruces
I was gonna say albaturkey since most of the dewds from NM are from there
Old 11-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #52
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
I was gonna say albaturkey since most of the dewds from NM are from there
no, i wish i was stationed there though, theres a hell of a lot more to do in ABQ then there is in alamoGHETTO
Old 11-26-2011, 11:49 PM   #53

While your away busy planning your mods, what do you think about changing the dash lights?? I'm thinking I wanna go with that blue LED look
Old 11-26-2011, 11:52 PM   #54
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
While your away busy planning your mods, what do you think about changing the dash lights?? I'm thinking I wanna go with that blue LED look
i would love to do it, but i dont have the time or knowledge to tear apart my dashboard lmao. i would love to havewhite numbers with red needles. but i am OCD and i would then have to change all the stereo controls to either red or white lol
Old 11-26-2011, 11:56 PM   #55

I'm planning to keep the red needles and switch everything including stereo to the blues... I think it will be more time consuming then difficult personally
Old 11-27-2011, 04:44 AM   #56
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
I'm planning to keep the red needles and switch everything including stereo to the blues... I think it will be more time consuming then difficult personally
yea, i just cant afford to have a mess up and then not have dash cluster for a few days, because this is my only vehicle. + i have the carbon fiber cluster background so i think it looks alright
Old 11-27-2011, 05:01 AM   #57

Quote:
yea, i just cant afford to have a mess up and then not have dash cluster for a few days, because this is my only vehicle. + i have the carbon fiber cluster background so i think it looks alright
Carbon fiber cluster background?? pics?? I'm not sure what you mean
Old 11-27-2011, 05:16 AM   #58
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Carbon fiber cluster background?? pics?? I'm not sure what you mean
i only have on pic on my phone so thats gonna have to do lol. hold on, let me upload it
Old 11-27-2011, 05:26 AM   #60
Bam-Ba-Lam

^^^^does that work? i cant tell. im on work computer