Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD S/C - Install myself or let stealership do it?

View Poll Results: Install supercharger myself of let stealership do it?
Self Install 83 53.90%
Stealership Install 71 46.10%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2011, 05:30 AM   #61
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
or maybe this.....

TRD S/C - Install myself or let stealership do it?-cluster.jpg
Old 11-29-2011, 03:00 AM   #62
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tusk, did you see it lol?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #63
Bam-Ba-Lam

quick thought, how much will the stealership charge for just the ECU flash?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #65
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
$100 I believe
i guess thats not too terrible. still a little pricey for them to just hook it up to a computer and walk away though.

did you ever end up getting supercharged memario?
Old 11-30-2011, 04:39 AM   #66
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
i guess thats not too terrible. still a little pricey for them to just hook it up to a computer and walk away though.

did you ever end up getting supercharged memario?
Not charged yet... I had the option to take on one big project this summer. It was between getting boosted and getting a lift. I went the lift/wheels/tires route as my current suspension is broken as all hell. My lift should be here on Dec 7, but won't be installed until after the turn of the year sometime. That being said, I will look into another big project for this coming summer, which logically would be boost. Not quite set on either turbo or S/C setup yet, as turbos do better at high elevations... It's just tough to get money together while going to school full time. I am thankful for a decent job that allows me to pay for school and still allows me to buy shits on the side.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:55 AM   #67
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
It must be nice to go to school and mod! I cut my modding to a minimum when I started school. Christmas money and tax return will be most of the mod money I have for the next few months
Old 11-30-2011, 05:34 AM   #68
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Not charged yet... I had the option to take on one big project this summer. It was between getting boosted and getting a lift. I went the lift/wheels/tires route as my current suspension is broken as all hell. My lift should be here on Dec 7, but won't be installed until after the turn of the year sometime. That being said, I will look into another big project for this coming summer, which logically would be boost. Not quite set on either turbo or S/C setup yet, as turbos do better at high elevations... It's just tough to get money together while going to school full time. I am thankful for a decent job that allows me to pay for school and still allows me to buy shits on the side.
well, good on ya' for doin both
Old 11-30-2011, 06:42 AM   #69
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
It must be nice to go to school and mod! I cut my modding to a minimum when I started school. Christmas money and tax return will be most of the mod money I have for the next few months
Yeah, modding is the only thing that keeps me sane... I work, go to.school full time, run my own company, and manage a few businesses on the side. I work for it. The unfortunate thing is that im not getting it the "college experience" as I have no free time. Its still up in the air as to whether or not this lifestyle of mine is the right one. People keep telling me im gonna get burned out... I already am, but I keep pushing anyway
Old 11-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #70
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I hear ya, I leave home at 645 in the morning to start my hour commute to school class from 8-2:30 hour home work 4-8 then I hit the books. I'm def starting to feel it!
Old 01-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #72
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgie View Post
maybe you could do a write up after youre finished
Already done. Another member already has done a write up. I forget who though.

Edit: found it http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...tallation.html
Old 01-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #73
dvd0020 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Offensive Space Control Instructor
Name: Dave
dvd0020's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
alamogordo, kinda near las cruces
Ahh... Good ol hollowman afb... Do you know anyone at the 4th SPCS?
Old 01-19-2012, 01:54 AM   #74
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd0020 View Post
Ahh... Good ol hollowman afb... Do you know anyone at the 4th SPCS?
i do not
Old 02-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #76
jprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to all
Navy: Honorably Discharged
Name: Joshua
jprovence's Tacoma Gallery
Installing a blower is easy. Simple as a manifold swap. Whats hard is building a custom pulley system for a really huge blower.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:04 AM   #77
Bam-Ba-Lam

read the first post. i decided im gonna do it myself like 2 months ago. no need to keep posting telling me to do it myself
Old 02-18-2012, 02:11 AM   #78
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Just voted for the dealership.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:38 AM   #79
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Just voted for the dealership.
some people just want to watch the world burn...
Old 02-18-2012, 04:40 AM   #80
Bam-Ba-Lam

its sad that this many people voted stealership.

this is on XRU...

self install 84 83.17%
stealership 17 16.83%