Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD S/C - Install myself or let stealership do it?

View Poll Results: Install supercharger myself of let stealership do it?
Self Install 83 53.90%
Stealership Install 71 46.10%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #81
Schenko is on a distinguished road
Army: cav scout
Schenko's Tacoma Gallery
try to do it yourself. it brings you closer to your truck. it creates a special bond. haha
Old 05-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #82
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenko View Post
try to do it yourself. it brings you closer to your truck. it creates a special bond. haha
Did you read the it red letters in the first post? It's been done for a while now
Old 05-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #83
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
SUPERCHARGER IS ALREADY INSTALLED. THANKS FOR LOOKING

I find it hard to believe that this many people voted to let high school dropout techs work on their vehicle, when most of you are probably capable to do it yourselves. o well
Can you post a video so I can hear what it sounds like?.....I'm thinking of getting it for my Tacoma..... Also.....How many hours did it take for you to install it? :roll eyes:

Thanks in advance.....
Old 05-16-2012, 05:05 AM   #84
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
Can you post a video so I can hear what it sounds like?.....I'm thinking of getting it for my Tacoma..... Also.....How many hours did it take for you to install it? :roll eyes:

Thanks in advance.....
It took me a little under 7 hours. There are endless videos on YouTube of supercharged tacoma's, look there
Old 06-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #85
03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold
Name: Bill
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
SUPERCHARGER IS ALREADY INSTALLED. THANKS FOR LOOKING

I find it hard to believe that this many people voted to let high school dropout techs work on their vehicle, when most of you are probably capable to do it yourselves. o well
Dealership mechanics went to college and got certified. The highschool drop outs you speak of are the ones working at Jiffy Lube.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #86
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03f5sp View Post
Dealership mechanics went to college and got certified. The highschool drop outs you speak of are the ones working at Jiffy Lube.
Going to college doesn't certify somebody in my book. Nobody takes care of items that are not owned by them as well as they take care of items they own. If I do my own work, I know it's done right the first time
Old 06-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #87
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dealership mechanics went to collage, not to be a mechanic they didn't.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #88
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:

The same college as the people at Jiffy Lube right?
Old 08-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #89
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

The same college as the people at Jiffy Lube right?
Exactly lmao. I only let "certified mechanics" touch my truck if it's absolutely necessary. I.e. ECU flash, or jobs requiring special tools like adjust the backlash on the differential. I don't want my pumpkin to detonate lol.

I've done everything to my truck in my own garage, easily as hell with basic hand tools