Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD S/C - Install myself or let stealership do it?

View Poll Results: Install supercharger myself of let stealership do it?
Self Install 83 53.90%
Stealership Install 71 46.10%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
TRD S/C - Install myself or let stealership do it?

SUPERCHARGER IS ALREADY INSTALLED. THANKS FOR LOOKING

I find it hard to believe that this many people voted to let high school dropout techs work on their vehicle, when most of you are probably capable to do it yourselves. o well
Old 11-26-2011, 12:20 AM   #2
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
How many miles on your truck? If under warranty let stealership do it if the price is right due to warranty.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #3
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
I would have the stealership do it, so that you get the warranty
Old 11-26-2011, 12:24 AM   #4
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
How many miles on your truck? If under warranty let stealership do it if the price is right due to warranty.
i have 38xx miles on my Xrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
I would have the stealership do it, so that you get the warranty
this is what the warranty info says:

"Warranty is the same as any other TRD powertrain components: 12 months or 12,000 miles. Superchargers installed by anyone other than an authorized Toyota dealer are warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles. Specific warranty information is included with the supercharger."
Old 11-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #5
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
x2

having that warranty can be priceless if anything should happen
Old 11-26-2011, 12:28 AM   #6
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
So it seems like even if they do it or someone else, the warranty is still the same so i guess the ball is in your court if you feel up to it and confident enough then go for it
Old 11-26-2011, 12:29 AM   #7
Bam-Ba-Lam

i have 3800 miles on my Xrunner

im not worried about keeping the warranty, because it will be warrantied as it is a genuine toyota part

warranty information as i read it:

"Warranty is the same as any other TRD powertrain components: 12 months or 12,000 miles. Superchargers installed by anyone other than an authorized Toyota dealer are warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles. Specific warranty information is included with the supercharger."
Old 11-26-2011, 01:07 AM   #8
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
I say do it yourself, the TRD one is alot easier to install versus the URD ones
Old 11-26-2011, 01:27 AM   #9
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
I say do it yourself, the TRD one is alot easier to install versus the URD ones
this is what im thinking. i know its not all that hard. im a mechanic at work and im always workin on my truck or my buddies pontiac g8. i helped him cam his g8 and even that wasnt hard at all
Old 11-26-2011, 01:42 AM   #10
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I installed my URD one and I'm just a saturday mechanic, I'm pretty sure you could do the TRD in less then 7 hours with you n a buddy or even just you. Then you'd only have to get the toyota dealership to do the computer reflash and your golden
Old 11-26-2011, 01:44 AM   #11
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
I installed my URD one and I'm just a saturday mechanic, I'm pretty sure you could do the TRD in less then 7 hours with you n a buddy or even just you. Then you'd only have to get the toyota dealership to do the computer reflash and your golden
yea im deffinantly feelin it. ive even got the 46 page install guide right next to me and its all simple stuff a novice could do.

you should come down from canoodialand sometime and chill hahaa
Old 11-26-2011, 01:49 AM   #12

My Xr doesn't cross oceans too well, haha whats your real location?
Old 11-26-2011, 01:56 AM   #13
Bam-Ba-Lam

im deployed right now, im stationed in new mexico though. thats what i meant, not saudi arabia. this is the dirtiest country ive ever been to, and its one of the dirtiest countries in the world, trash-wise and air-wise
Old 11-26-2011, 02:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
im deployed right now, im stationed in new mexico though. thats what i meant, not saudi arabia. this is the dirtiest country ive ever been to, and its one of the dirtiest countries in the world, trash-wise and air-wise
I think the only thing that stops our air up here from being worse from all the plants is because theres massive landscape covering forests
Old 11-26-2011, 02:08 AM   #15
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
I think the only thing that stops our air up here from being worse from all the plants is because theres massive landscape covering forests
true. ive only seen about 10 trees since ive been here. o well, ill be home in april and have lots of cash to drop in my X
Old 11-26-2011, 02:09 AM   #16

Quote:
true. ive only seen about 10 trees since ive been here. o well, ill be home in april and have lots of cash to drop in my X
Aye man It'll all be worth it in the end
Old 11-26-2011, 02:12 AM   #17
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Aye man It'll all be worth it in the end
oh yes. on tuesday, the count will be:

2 months down, 4 to go
Old 11-26-2011, 02:15 AM   #18

Quote:
oh yes. on tuesday, the count will be:

2 months down, 4 to go
Ironically, I'm thinking of moving in 4 months too
Old 11-26-2011, 02:16 AM   #19
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Ironically, I'm thinking of moving in 4 months too
new mexico?
Old 11-26-2011, 02:18 AM   #20

lol, nope, probably just down southern Alberta, like Red deer or Calgary. still a good 700km south of here, would make weekend trips to the states doable