Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Will a 2009 X-Runner Catback Exhaust fit a 2010 DCLB Sport?

Old 11-28-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, the DBLCB is longer, there is a bend in the pipe that goes over the axle, you would need a piece of pipe welded in to make it longer, I suppose a muffler shop could do that, also, the hanger points may be in different spots
Old 11-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #4
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gov875 View Post
ok thanks. That's pretty much what my concern was. Oh well, at least i saved myself 100 bucks.
Theoretically, if you bought that set-up, took it to a muffler shop, I couldn't see a shop charging more than $100 to weld in new pipe, for $200 total, and you got yourself a cat-back, cheaper than new?
Old 11-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
WahooTaco
gov875 is a jewel in the roughgov875 is a jewel in the roughgov875 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
gov875's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Theoretically, if you bought that set-up, took it to a muffler shop, I couldn't see a shop charging more than $100 to weld in new pipe, for $200 total, and you got yourself a cat-back, cheaper than new?
agreed, but my main motivation was the $100 price tag. granted $200 isn't a bad deal either but it is probably smarter to save up. been spending too much on the truck as it is (if that's even possible)
Old 07-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
Krisjon1123 is on a distinguished road
Name: Krisjon
Krisjon1123's Tacoma Gallery
I just put a Gibson exhaust from an x-runner on my truck.

The Gibson exhaust that is made for my truck won't fit an x-runner, though the x-runner exhaust will fit a double cab.

I believe it has something to do with the x-brace suspension.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
The Tacoma DC LB is an odd ball. If you had the short bed the XRunner CB would fit.

For the LB we have this:

http://www.urdusa.com/Exhaust-&-Head...duct_info.html

G
Old 07-25-2012, 05:29 AM   #9
Krisjon1123 is on a distinguished road
Name: Krisjon
Krisjon1123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gov875 View Post
i snagged a DCLB TRD exhaust off another guy used for $150 and was pretty pleased with that deal. naturally one of my exhaust bolts broke and i had to pony up a few extra bucks for that but still a steal over a brand new one
That's EXACTLY what happened to me...

Bought the Gibson for 150, used.

Spent Sunday breaking a bolt with not a single muffler shop open in Jacksonville, Fl. The ride to work was a little loud the next morning.

And the long bed is the odd ball. My x runner exhaust would not have fit my double cab if it had a long bed.