Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

7th injector, and 8 psi boost

Old 11-16-2008, 10:36 PM   #1
caliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the rough

Name: kyle
caliKxracer's Tacoma Gallery
7th injector, and 8 psi boost

im still pretty new to superchargers but, im looking for getting a 7 injector kit and a 8 psi boost kit if anyone knows where i could pick them up, used or what not let me know, thanks
Old 11-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.urdusa.com/
Old 11-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #3
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
For used, maybe check out the classifieds on www.customtacos.com or ebay?
Old 11-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #4
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Question on 7th injector: where does the 7th injector go? There's only 6 holes on the fuel rail, and only six intake ports. Is the name "7th injector" a misnomer, it's not really an injector but just a way to get extra fuel in the engine during high RPM sprints?
Old 11-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
Question on 7th injector: where does the 7th injector go? There's only 6 holes on the fuel rail, and only six intake ports. Is the name "7th injector" a misnomer, it's not really an injector but just a way to get extra fuel in the engine during high RPM sprints?
The 7th injector installs where the EGR block off plate is/was on the supercharger. It is an actual injector and the fuel is fed to it by the installation of a new fuel line connected to the passenger side fuel rail via a double banjo bolt.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
So it feeds the entire intake air tract? How is it timed, does it squirt 6 times each rev of the crank (to follow six opening intake valve sets), or just feed a steady spray whenever it's computer tells it the engine needs de-leaning?
Old 11-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #7

Quote:
So it feeds the entire intake air tract? How is it timed, does it squirt 6 times each rev of the crank (to follow six opening intake valve sets), or just feed a steady spray whenever it's computer tells it the engine needs de-leaning?
Not sure on how its timmed. I belive its a constant pulsing to keep the AFR's in check. I dont have alot of experiance with the 7th injector set up, and have only installed the TRD ECU when installing the 3.4 supercharger, with no dyno tuning involved.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:38 PM   #8

If I'm doing my math right (and I may not be I bumped my head today) an injector on a V6 spinning at 6000PRM would have to squirt 500 times per second (6000RPM / 6 cylinders / squirt every two crank revs). How it turns on and off and still manages to regulate the fuel flow that fast I don't know.

But if that's right, an injector trying to keep up with an engine running at 6000RPM would have to turn on and off 6000 times per second...a 12X rate.

That sounds impossible. So I'm guessing it's a steady stream whenever the ECU says the engine needs it.

Interesting it replaces the EGR valve and yet remains 50 state legal. When I lived in Cali, ANY mod affecting emissions, even if it made it cleaner, meant instant inspection failure.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Interesting it replaces the EGR valve and yet remains 50 state legal. When I lived in Cali, ANY mod affecting emissions, even if it made it cleaner, meant instant inspection failure.
It doesnt replace the EGR valve. It installes where the EGR plate is on the supercharger. The EGR valve is in the same place as stock.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #10

Ah, got it. Domo.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:23 PM   #11
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
I'm not sure how it installs on the prev gen tacos, but on the TRD S/C for the 4.0L it is placed just behind the throttle body and controlled by a piggy back ecu (APR X-1). So you can have it firing whenever you would like.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:38 AM   #12
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The URD 7th Injector Kit for the folks with the TRD Supercharger on their 5VZ engines is the ideal add on for that supercharger.

It solves a few of the issues with installing the supercharger on your engine. It will suppliment the fuel needed to prevent the high RPM lean out problem and does a wonderful job of eliminating the high gear/Low RPM Pinging problems many have.

The URD Performance Calibration Unit fires the injector 3 times a engine revolution to match the 3 intake events per revolution. The fuel is shot through the blower where it absorbs a good deal of the heat from the compressed air and this combined with the three shots per rev distributes the fuel evenly to all cylinders.

Once you install the URD 7th Injector kit you can then install the URD 2.2" SuperGrip Supercharger pulley for more power and torque not to mention more fun!!!

Remember it was the folks at URD that pioneered fuel delivery upgrades for the 5VZ TRD Supercharger. Our efforts started way back in 1997 when I installed TRD Supercharger serial number 32 on my 97 4Runner and serial number 299 on my 96 4Runner. You can see some of the early on problems without fuel upgrades here www.GadgetOnline.com

Gadget
www.URDUSA.com
Old 11-22-2008, 04:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
The URD 7th Injector Kit for the folks with the TRD Supercharger on their 5VZ engines is the ideal add on for that supercharger.

It solves a few of the issues with installing the supercharger on your engine. It will suppliment the fuel needed to prevent the high RPM lean out problem and does a wonderful job of eliminating the high gear/Low RPM Pinging problems many have.

The URD Performance Calibration Unit fires the injector 3 times a engine revolution to match the 3 intake events per revolution. The fuel is shot through the blower where it absorbs a good deal of the heat from the compressed air and this combined with the three shots per rev distributes the fuel evenly to all cylinders.

Once you install the URD 7th Injector kit you can then install the URD 2.2" SuperGrip Supercharger pulley for more power and torque not to mention more fun!!!

Remember it was the folks at URD that pioneered fuel delivery upgrades for the 5VZ TRD Supercharger. Our efforts started way back in 1997 when I installed TRD Supercharger serial number 32 on my 97 4Runner and serial number 299 on my 96 4Runner. You can see some of the early on problems without fuel upgrades here www.GadgetOnline.com

Gadget
www.URDUSA.com
Just courious, but, How soon before the valves open does the injector fire?
Old 12-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #14
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
It is not timed to the valve events. It is synced with ignition events and fires three times a revolution of the engine. That matches the number of valve events on a 6 cylinder Otto cycle engine.

The fuel goes through the supercharger impellers and gets mixed up very well and it takes some of the heat out of the compressed air for added performance.

Gadget