LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

DTLT headers

Old 12-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
grizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
grizzbear's Tacoma Gallery
DTLT headers

Are DTLT header really worth the money on a non s/c 4.0L
Old 12-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You lose power until at 3000RPM when they really let the engine breath.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
grizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i heard that you lose power on the bottem end. but are they worth it in the long run?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
That is up to you to figure out. I was going with long tubes but I may not because I spend more time using low to mid range power and since I'm in CA I would have to yank them off for emissions testing.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
Hmmm decisions decisions i low to mid range driving aswell
Old 12-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Get an aftermarket ecu that allows you to be able to tune with E85. Leave all of your OEM exhaust components on. Then go get E85 inspected. That way you get a certificate and you no longer have to get emissions tests.

Then put what ever free flowing exhaust on you want without having to worry about removing parts for an emissions test. Bam. Done. Any good aftermarket ecu can be tuned for just E85. You just make sure to have a separate tune for octane.

ProEFI however can run both at the same time with a nice little sensor. Automatically adapts based on content.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Get an aftermarket ecu that allows you to be able to tune with E85. Leave all of your OEM exhaust components on. Then go get E85 inspected. That way you get a certificate and you no longer have to get emissions tests.

Then put what ever free flowing exhaust on you want without having to worry about removing parts for an emissions test. Bam. Done. Any good aftermarket ecu can be tuned for just E85. You just make sure to have a separate tune for octane.

ProEFI however can run both at the same time with a nice little sensor. Automatically adapts based on content.
E85 would require SS lines no?

live via
Old 12-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #9
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. Just larger injectors most likely, due to the fact that running straight E85 requires about 30% more fuel.

All injectors these days can handle E85. The fuel system components are built to as well.

There are plenty of people that have the X-1 that have been running only E85 for quite some time now. Usually due to the fact that they want the extra power attained from the cooler burn of E85 for their s/c'd trucks. Still all applies though. Minus injectors the only other fuel mod those people have is the URD 255lph fuel pump kit.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:45 AM   #10
09Doright8126 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
09Doright8126's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the DTLT headers + URD y-pipe w/ Magnaflow muffler on a non-supercharged 4.0. I haven't had the chance to Dyno but I would say that there is some loss in the low RPM range. Driving in town you can tell a difference and accelerating but once your going 55+ and/or cruising on the interstate power is certainly there.

So, there are trade offs and if you ONLY drive around town and never drive your truck hard then I would say no they're not worth it. Would I install the same setup again? I'm 50/50.