Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Let's see those performance mods

Old 12-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #41
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
urs are powder coated right? would just high temp red paint be fine to do?

and yeah, one day i need to change that gasket out. i got a temp fix on it right now tho after my alternator fried from the leaking oil.
yes you can paint them, but the fact that you have oil leak issues, cleaning them for paint would be too much for me. Its worth the 100 bucks to drop them and have a professional finish in a few days, vs painting them, putting them back on to find that you didnt prep it perfect and have paint chip or flake. Take them off again is a bitch, especially with the S/C sitting on top of them

but alot of people have had success with high temp engine paint

Justin
Old 12-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #42
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd View Post
Honestly, I was happy with both.

for pure power and performance, the URD hands down. The X-runner made gobs more power than my current TRD setup (~400 + whp).

I had different plans for the Dcab, so went with the TRD unit, and I am happy for what it is, but sometimes I miss the pull of 10 PSI on that URD kit. It was a beast.

If you have the coin, the URD is a more complete package and will give better performance out of the box, especially with some of the upgrade that Gadget has made since my MK2 kit. The intake has been redone for 4x4 guys and a different engine management.

But you can,t go wrong with slap on power from the TRD kit.

Justin
Thanks for the thorough response man
Old 12-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #43
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Thanks for the thorough response man
No problem. I dabbled with most performance mods out there for the X-runner when I had it ( there is alot more out there now).

URD makes some sick stuff, and Gadget has his shit together.

Justin
Old 12-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #44
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
So you can braaaaaap? Gotta race those other bros and win the prize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Prize is a disgusting bro ho with 4 inches of makeup. Congrats

idk how i didnt read these posts.....yes so i can race the bros no not really...a little extra power under the 4.0 wouldnt hurt

(idk about 4 in. of make up tho )
Old 12-12-2011, 07:50 AM   #45
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd View Post
yes you can paint them, but the fact that you have oil leak issues, cleaning them for paint would be too much for me. Its worth the 100 bucks to drop them and have a professional finish in a few days, vs painting them, putting them back on to find that you didnt prep it perfect and have paint chip or flake. Take them off again is a bitch, especially with the S/C sitting on top of them

but alot of people have had success with high temp engine paint

Justin
well the good thing is i seem to have stopped my oil leak for the time being. when i put the cam gears in, i didnt put the sealant on that your suppose to according to the FSM. i think thats why it leaked. and i would get some more from XRU, but i cant even look at the for sale threads yet cuz i dont have enough posts
Old 01-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #47
KingTaco91 is on a distinguished road

KingTaco91's Tacoma Gallery
Whered you get that cover for your intake box? I have an AFE CAI and the cover doesnt quite line up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post

Swapped K&N for AFE

Old 01-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #48
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTaco91 View Post
Whered you get that cover for your intake box? I have an AFE CAI and the cover doesnt quite line up.
Pm member: coupe
Old 01-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #51
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery

Just after it was installed. It is now much cleaner
Old 01-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #53
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Toyota 6 speed?
Old 01-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #55
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
Its a T56
I haven't seen either out of their vehicles they come in. T56 FTW! Toyota should have used or from the get go.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #56
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I haven't seem either out of their vehicles they come in. T56 FTW! Toyota should have used or from the get go.
Its says in his signature that he has T56 waiting to go in
Old 01-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #58
Banned
Quote:
Its says in his signature that he has T56 waiting to go in
I try to stay away from a PC on weekends so when I surf TW I'm using my phone. I can't see sigs with Tapatalk.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #59
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I try to stay away from a PC on weekends so when I surf TW I'm using my phone. I can't see sigs with Tapatalk.
That sounds like a personal problem
Old 01-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #60
Banned
Quote:
That sounds like a personal problem
A good one