Old 01-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #61
KingTaco91 is on a distinguished road

KingTaco91's Tacoma Gallery
Gracias Senor

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Pm member: coupe
Old 01-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #62
Tlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant future

Name: Trey
Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlachac08 View Post
LOL 400mm of added suction

Sorry for throwing a lil clog in your thread OP, I dont have too many pictures of my mods but here's a list if your interested:

-Total Chaos Long Travel Front Suspension w/ Kings
-Defined Engineering Spring Under Axle Rear Suspension
-TRD Intake
-Magnaflow Offroad Pro Series Exhaust
-Airraid Throttle Body Spacer
how do you like the airraid?
Old 01-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #63
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck has got to be loud as sin... I am curious to see what the DTLTs do to the sound profile of my truck.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:08 AM   #66
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
No SC but aFe drop-in, LCE header, URD ss...........and gaping hole mod coming soon!

Old 01-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #67
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Greddy Thermostatically controlled oil cooler sandwich plate. Already have the Setrab Oil Cooler. Just need to get lines and AN fittings.

www.240sxmotoring.com Thread adapter is 3/4 x 16 UNF
umm.... the 1GRFE already has oil cooler from the factory...
Old 01-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #68
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
Not all of them and its not air cooled, it uses a method called thermal siphoning where warm engine coolant cools hot engine oil, its alright but its not the best method in this situation. Its most favorable situation is cold starts.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #70
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
I pulled the factory one off and sold it. Let me ask you a simple question. Have you ever seen a race car with a oil cooler like the ones on our motors?

Nope. They are not as efficient as an air to air oil cooler. As a matter of fact, my Setrab cooler is off of a Ferrari race car.

They simply transfer heat back and forth between the two. I don't want that heat transfer going back and forth on my performance build because it will just keep things hot.

Thus the upgrade to remove that saturation/soak between the hot engine coolant and hot oil, by installing an air to air cooler.

Upgraded with this.
http://www.frsport.com/Setrab-619-Oi...s_p_26104.html
Old 01-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #72
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Correct. Thank you.
Not a problem my friend. Another way to look at it since you are turbocharged cooling engine oil is top priority for prolonged turbo life (and engine life) meaning protecting the seals, shaft, turbo wheel, oil lines, etc from high egt's and hot oil.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #73
Custom Fabrication and Performance
8BoltRacing is on a distinguished road

Name: Jared
8BoltRacing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I didn't notice anything more than sound changes. Top end pulls alright but how often are you at high RPM? I will probably end up adding some shorty headers for 2012. I wanted long tubes but I don't want to lose low end power.
Actually the long tubes give more low end torque than the shortys but but mostly if used with the cats for the back-pressure. The shortys are better for top end horsepower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd View Post
Honestly, I was happy with both.

for pure power and performance, the URD hands down. The X-runner made gobs more power than my current TRD setup (~400 + whp).

I had different plans for the Dcab, so went with the TRD unit, and I am happy for what it is, but sometimes I miss the pull of 10 PSI on that URD kit. It was a beast.

If you have the coin, the URD is a more complete package and will give better performance out of the box, especially with some of the upgrade that Gadget has made since my MK2 kit. The intake has been redone for 4x4 guys and a different engine management.

But you can,t go wrong with slap on power from the TRD kit.

Justin
I havent had either but I prefer the TRD SC because its more compact and gives better low end power. One day I plan to go single or twin turbo with the TRD SC unit. And a built bottom end of course.. soon as my brother returns my truck ill post pics of current mods..
Old 01-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #74
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BoltRacing View Post
Actually the long tubes give more low end torque than the shortys but but mostly if used with the cats for the back-pressure. The shortys are better for top end horsepower.
I regretfully inform you that you are incorrect... Long tubes dyno:
Old 01-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #75
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Yeah no. Check the graph above. Shortys help exhaust scavenging while long tubes do not.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #77
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
Ummm....both improve scavenging over the oem manifolds but at different points due to limits of there design.
Yes I know. I should have said low RPM.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #78
ManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ManMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not strictly true, it depends on how the header is tuned. Typically a smaller tube with longer diameter will give more low-end torque than a larger short tube. But that's not always the case, it depends on where your runner lengths (primary and collector) lay relative to pulse wavelengths at a given RPM.

There are a lot of theory and equations out there, but no single one seems correct and at some point each falls apart
Old 01-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #79
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMan View Post
Not strictly true, it depends on how the header is tuned. Typically a smaller tube with longer diameter will give more low-end torque than a larger short tube. But that's not always the case, it depends on where your runner lengths (primary and collector) lay relative to pulse wavelengths at a given RPM.

There are a lot of theory and equations out there, but no single one seems correct and at some point each falls apart
In the case of the 4.0 using the options available there is a power loss until 3000ish rpm.