Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Let's see those performance mods

Old 01-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #81
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Just dump the clutch at 3k rpms. Problem solved.
Isn't that what bad Supra drivers do?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #84
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Yeah no. Check the graph above. Shortys help exhaust scavenging while long tubes do not.
But, but long tubes give you more BRAAAP...
Old 01-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #85
jakoons86 is a glorious beacon of lightjakoons86 is a glorious beacon of lightjakoons86 is a glorious beacon of lightjakoons86 is a glorious beacon of lightjakoons86 is a glorious beacon of lightjakoons86 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: jason
jakoons86's Tacoma Gallery
This is my performance mods a JBA exhaust and spectre cold air intake looking to add a throttle body spacer.
Attached Thumbnails
Let's see those performance mods-intake.jpg   Let's see those performance mods-intake2.jpg   Let's see those performance mods-jba-exhaust.jpg  
Old 01-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #86
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Throttle body spacers are pointless. Old cars with Throttle body injection, a throttle body spacer will give the air and fuel more time to mix and at most...those will give you a small HP increase. 10hp maybe

The 1grfe uses port injection so only the NST spacer will do you any good because It spaces the entire intake manifold
Old 01-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #87
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakoons86 View Post
This is my performance mods a JBA exhaust and spectre cold air intake looking to add a throttle body spacer.
That's no cold air intake. TB spacers = junk.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #88
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
x2! That's a WAI
HAI: Hot Air Intake
Old 01-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #89
jakoons86 is a glorious beacon of lightjakoons86 is a glorious beacon of lightjakoons86 is a glorious beacon of lightjakoons86 is a glorious beacon of lightjakoons86 is a glorious beacon of lightjakoons86 is a glorious beacon of light
ok so no throttle body spacer i have heard that before, but not a cold air intake not sure about that considering thats what i bought
Old 01-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #90
Banned
How is that a cold air intake? Just because of the name? Well see how it doesn't seal up to the washer fluid tank and how it probably doesn't seal to the hood? Not cold air man.

Cold air intake:

Or

Old 01-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #91
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^gotta love this guys honesty^^^^
Old 01-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #92
oooo ok i see where your going with it i agree with that in that case there is no such thing as cold air intake it does seal up with the hood pretty well not perfect though and im getting alot more air it seems though
Old 01-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #93
i mean how cold does the air have to be to be considerd cold air

j/k
Old 01-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #94
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
haha that guy in the wtf thread that put his intakes in the cab, he has the real cai if he would just turn the ac on full cold
Lol. Performance braaaaaaaap!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #96
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I put a K&N sticker on... gained about 20 hp id say
Old 02-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #100
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
This is the oil pan spacer. I went to Coupe after a motor rebuild of mine. I have a 4x4 oil pan since my truck is 4x4. However the motor that I received had the PreRunner/Xrunner shallow oil pan. Not good for doing any high speed turns with transitions. The factory depth will create a low oil or cavitation problem that will starve the crank and rod bearings.

Happened to a few people I know, that had this style pan. So I convinced him to make this. He also took it a step farther, and created the deep oil pan with baffles. Beautiful piece, I must say.

This piece is prior to going on my girl's XR. Added about 1 1/2 quarts.