1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New additions to my '95 Extended SR5 4x4

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by dark tangent, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Dec 6, 2011 at 1:45 PM
    dark tangent

dark tangent [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Madison, WI
    Rigid Dually D2 Amber Driving LEDs mounted on CBI Offroad ditch light brackets.
    Merry Christmas to me...

I just welcomed in the holiday season with some goodies.

Bilstein 5100s for front and rear, springs, JBA Cat4ward Headers, JBA Performance Exhaust System, and a K&N Air Intake.

Now, gotta find a shop to install the headers...

2. Dec 16, 2012 at 11:45 PM
    95tacos

95tacos Active Member

Member:
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma
    Nice! I recently got my first Taco (had a tundra before, loved it). It's also a 95 XtraCab 4x4 SR5 :) I'm also looking to get 5100's all the way around, but not 100% sure yet, and springs. I just put the K&N air intake on. When I installed on my tundra with the 4.7, it literally made it roar. I was expecting similar results on the 3.4 but didn't really happen. Changed the sound a little bit, but not much. I could definately feel a slight difference in performance. I haven't checked fuel economy yet, though. This is going to be my off-roading "toy" when is all said and done. I have an 08 F250 and a 12 E350 for daily driving/towing, so i'm really looking forward to having some fun with the taco. Planning on upgrading shocks, springs, leaf packs, UCAs, wheels, and going to a 33" tire once I get 3" of lift ironed out. Are you planning to lift yours (or is it already lifted?)? Is it a manual or auto? Good luck!

3. Dec 16, 2012 at 11:47 PM
    95tacos

95tacos Active Member

Member:
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma
    Don't want to derail or anything here, but do you experience a mild thump when going into 5th (if you do have a manual) ?

Products Discussed in

To Top