1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift and new tire noise

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Jenny, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Dec 6, 2011 at 2:16 PM
    Jenny

Jenny [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jenny
    Modesto, ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma trd 4 wd
    3 in lift! Trd exhaust
    Just had 3" revtek lift installed. Tires were rotated and suspension aligned with new specs. On the 1st trip down road am hearing front tire humm. Happens when I decelerate and also worse when brakes applied. Is this normal?? I hate it. I did not want any changes to the ride. I needed to get the lift because when I go to my secret spot camping, the front end skid plate hits and....scrapes the skid plate....the installer is working with me. Feels it could be the rotation of the tires and or needs balancing. ??? Anyone with any ideas????

2. Dec 8, 2011 at 7:55 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Are they the same tires prior to the lift?

3. Dec 8, 2011 at 7:59 AM
    TexAggie

TexAggie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    OME Lift
    ^X2 and how worn are the tires?

4. Dec 9, 2011 at 8:41 AM
    Jenny

Jenny [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jenny
    Modesto, ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma trd 4 wd
    3 in lift! Trd exhaust
    Fairley new Goodrich trail TA s. hear humm whe decelerating and applying brakes. Kinda like the noise u hear when a super lifted truck with huge tires passes u. The shop guy says it may be the rotation and the wear pattern change on the back tires which r now on the front. If not, then he says we will balance tires. My opinion is should have balanced when aligned and rotated! We will see. Anyone have any input which I have not brought up? Also love to learn about susp changes and how they effect truck handling. This truck is my baby. Will post pics on my day off. Thanks to y'all.

5. Dec 9, 2011 at 8:45 AM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    you would have to see the before and after #'s from the alingment
    that or tires being rotated i belive are your main causes here

Products Discussed in

To Top