Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

How much oil...

Old 11-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
How much oil...

i have the 08 tacoma 2TR-FE 4 cyl. and i need to know exactly how many quarts of oil to use. the oil is 5w-20 and i have the truck oil changed, sitting in my garage, i just need to know how many quarts to add.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:34 AM   #2
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

guys, i know this is a stupid question but i really need help on this. i cant find it in the manual, either.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #3
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
The manual says 6.1 quarts for an oil change with filter. Be advised this will show an overfill on the stick. If you want to go strictly by the stick use 5.25 quarts with a filter. The disparity is ridiculous but nobody has ever got a straight answer from Toyota. Last time I used 6 quarts with the slightly larger V6 filter.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:47 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. Manual calls for 6.1 Qts., but only 5.25 to show "FULL" on the dipstick. I always go by what the manual state on all my vehicles, and on my 2000 2.7 it said 5.5 qts. for a drain and fill with filter change, which put it right at the "FULL" mark on the stick.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #5

yeah i looked it up and for some reason i got 5.4 quarts was the ideal mark?? i changed the oil this morning and did it trial and error. i would put oil in, then run it through the crank case and then i would keep doing that, till i got the right amount of oil in the crank case