Need exhaust and intake advice!!!

Old 01-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
WOUNED WARRIOR MARINE
Christianson.USMC is on a distinguished road
Marines: Purple Heart Vet (Active Duty)
Name: Will
Christianson.USMC's Tacoma Gallery
Need exhaust and intake advice!!!

I have a 2011 yota 4wd sbed crew cab sport.

Should i get the the Borla, Flowmaster, TRD Cat back exhaust.

TRD, AEM, AFE, which intake?

Are throttle bodie spacers worth it and are they better matched with intake and exhaust??
Old 01-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
What are you trying to accomplish? The stock intake is a cold air intake so you'd be better off just getting a new drop in filter like an AFE or the TRD filter. All you'll get with an aftermarket cold air intake is noise and possibly better throttle response. Some will actually cause you to lose power. One of the better cold air intakes is the AFE Stage 2 Si and URD makes one that pulls air from the front of the radiator.

As far as the exhaust, go to youtube, look for sound clips and choose the one you like the best.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #4
WOUNED WARRIOR MARINE
Christianson.USMC is on a distinguished road
Marines: Purple Heart Vet (Active Duty)
Name: Will
Christianson.USMC's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard good things about about AFE but not K&N. What about throttle body. I usually put them on together and it gives a nice growl to previous vehicles.
You dont think there is a difference in performance between all the cat-back exhauast out there and just go by sound??
Old 01-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #5
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #6
rhewins13 is on a distinguished road
Army: SPC, 2 Brigade,82nd Abn Div, 1-73 CAV FST
Name: Richard
rhewins13's Tacoma Gallery
All you are going to get out of both is sound. Go with what you know, or look at sound clips on youtube for the exhaust. As far as intakes, I hear good things about afe. I have a flowmaster 40 series muffler on my truck and I love the sound.