LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

passing inspection

Old 11-30-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
passing inspection

DT long tube headers,
URD Y pipe
Magnaflow catback
02 sensor box

no cats obviously

will this fool the inspection or fail?
Old 11-30-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i dodubt it considering they failed me for my tires rubbing my sway bar LOL!
Old 11-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Just find somebody who you know! I got a family friend that owns a garage and I could so about anything and he will pass me!!
Old 11-30-2008, 07:30 PM   #5
Rock Solid Toy

thanks janster, so my interpretation from that is if my sensors areny tweaking, the computer won't know... therefore with the 02 box i should, theoretically, be good
Old 11-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #6
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
Just find somebody who you know! I got a family friend that owns a garage and I could so about anything and he will pass me!!

problem is i am considered "high rise" so i can only goto 1 place
Old 12-01-2008, 02:14 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
thanks janster, so my interpretation from that is if my sensors areny tweaking, the computer won't know... therefore with the 02 box i should, theoretically, be good
I know NJ isn't as picky as PA is..... but I would do some more research to be sure. Find some offroad and/or car clubs in your area and see what others run into.

I'm surprised they don't have a NJ transportation code online to look at. And maybe there is, I just didn't spend too much time looking.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:52 AM   #9
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i dodubt it considering they failed me for my tires rubbing my sway bar LOL!

unbelievable

instead of looking for missing persons or finding rapists, NJ is worried about rubbing tires?

Old 12-01-2008, 06:04 AM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
unbelievable

instead of looking for missing persons or finding rapists, NJ is worried about rubing tires?

Actually, I wouldn't argue againest that at all. The sway bar is a functional part of the suspension - prevents sway/body roll). If a tire is rubbing on it, than the sway bar can'd do it's job properly and could be a safety issue and/or drivability issue. That's perfectly legit.....
Old 12-01-2008, 06:07 AM   #11
Rock Solid Toy

sorry i should have mentioned, it rubs at Full crank, and even then just barely, not just driving down the road
Old 12-01-2008, 06:11 AM   #12
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Actually, I wouldn't argue againest that at all. The sway bar is a functional part of the suspension - prevents sway/body roll). If a tire is rubbing on it, than the sway bar can'd do it's job properly and could be a safety issue and/or drivability issue. That's perfectly legit.....

I'd argue big time. vehicle inspections on a new vehicle are nothing short of a big giant waste of county/state/federal resources.

I've been to NJ, half the damn cars on the road should be scrapped and turned into refrigerators.

Quote:
sorry i should have mentioned, it rubs at Full crank, and even then just barely, not just driving down the road
see, some jackass nitpicker failed you for a candyass minimal rub situation.

LAME.

People make their vehicle legit and then change what they want after the inspection, thus making the inspection candyass, and POINTLESS.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:36 AM   #13
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
I'd argue big time. vehicle inspections on a new vehicle are nothing short of a big giant waste of county/state/federal resources.

I've been to NJ, half the damn cars on the road should be scrapped and turned into refrigerators.
So what are you saying?

You're againest inspections because they're a waste of time? Or do you want them to be more frequent to get rid of all the cars on the road (the ones you mentioned that need scrapped)?

According to NJ (briefly reading about their inspections) - new vehicles don't have to be inspected until they're 4 years old.

If you think NJ is bad.... try living in PA.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:43 AM   #14
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
So what are you saying?

You're againest inspections because they're a waste of time? Or do you want them to be more frequent to get rid of all the cars on the road (the ones you mentioned that need scrapped)?

According to NJ (briefly reading about their inspections) - new vehicles don't have to be inspected until they're 4 years old.

If you think NJ is bad.... try living in PA.

I wonder why SilverSeven (has an 07) had an inspection...?

Again, I'll state for the record that the inspections are POINTLESS. Someone will fix w/e wont pass the inspection, then put it back the way they want it after the inspection is completed.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:47 AM   #15
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymar00n View Post
x2...

Back on topic: Does anyone in the area have a set of 17" rims/tires that he can borrow? I only have 16"s & they won't fit the 6" lift he has...

Thanks Rich.

I'd loan him mine, but I'm way over here in this dustbowl.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:47 AM   #16
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah tell me about it. I lived in PA for a year and a half. I kept all my vehicles registered in Florida. If I got pulled over I just played stupid and said I worked for Verizon that they frequently sent me to PA for business and that I preferred to drive than fly.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:47 AM   #17
Rock Solid Toy

that would be sweeeeet!!

BTW i imported my vehicle so that is why it needs inspection
Old 12-01-2008, 06:49 AM   #18
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
Yeah tell me about it. I lived in PA for a year and a half. I kept all my vehicles registered in Florida. If I got pulled over I just played stupid and said I worked for Verizon that they frequently sent me to PA for business and that I preferred to drive than fly.

thats a whole other soapbox I could step up onto...

Quote:
that would be sweeeeet!!

BTW i imported my vehicle so that is why it needs inspection

you imported your taco?
Old 12-01-2008, 07:09 AM   #19
Rock Solid Toy

lol i know, imported sounded cool

Products Discussed in this Thread