Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Obligatory Topic: The Deckplate Mod Questions

Old 12-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #21
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapMasterG View Post
well I'm a total newbie at mods...never had a vehicle worth more than routine maintenance until my '06 Tacoma... So after reading the helpful link about the deckplate mod, and reading about the cold air intakes (K&N seems to be favored)... which is best? Do they both void warrenties (I know I always ask about the warrenty)?
Aloha and Mahalo.
The Deckplate mod is MUCH cheaper. Purchase the deckplate from a local boat shop & perform the necessary installation and that's it. It's simple.

Not only is it 'cheaper' - but..........if you don't like the way it performs or sounds, you can easily screw the lid back on and have a totally stock airbox again.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:25 PM   #22
Elderly Gentleman - Junior Member
S-Runner '01 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerry
S-Runner '01's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered a deckplate from Beckson. Their ad says that they have a overrun and they are selling the DP40TDP for $4 plus $2.85 S&H.
I'm gonna give this a try. Will let you all know how it goes.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #23
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Runner '01 View Post
I just ordered a deckplate from Beckson. Their ad says that they have a overrun and they are selling the DP40TDP for $4 plus $2.85 S&H.
I'm gonna give this a try. Will let you all know how it goes.
Damn, that's a great price!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:31 AM   #24
ntujyug is on a distinguished road
ntujyug's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered my.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #25
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntujyug View Post
Just ordered my.
welcome to TW.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #26
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntujyug View Post
Just ordered my.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
welcome to TW.
+1,
Old 06-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #27
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
actually i dont know what a deck plate mod is LMAO
Old 06-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #28
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
Your truck's too new, n00b.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #29
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
Post #4.Even has a pic of it.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #30
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
sounds amazing, i am going to do it. i already got the k and n now here comes the deck plate
Old 08-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #31
socaltrucker00 is on a distinguished road
Name: Luis
socaltrucker00's Tacoma Gallery
hey i have a 2000 tacoma 2.4 5 speen manual was wondering if theres a specific thread for the 2.4l engines for the deckplate mod msg me would be great thanks
Old 02-16-2010, 08:16 PM   #32
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
quick question

How does this mod do in rain? is it necessary to cover it or is it ok?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #33
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
tacomaman06 said he hasent had any problems in the rain leaving the plate out.

I just did mine about 400 miles ago and WOW, more power and 3 mpg's better. I am a huge fan. I don't loose speed on the hills anymore, my 2.7L sounds awesome with the mod. I cant wait to get my dynomax super turbo, i am sure my results really will improve after i open her up.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:07 AM   #34
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy02ota View Post
How does this mod do in rain? is it necessary to cover it or is it ok?
No problems at all.... I left mine out all the time. The only time I put the cover on was when I went offroading.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:30 AM   #35
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well I'm a total newbie at mods...never had a vehicle worth more than routine maintenance until my '06 Tacoma... So after reading the helpful link about the deckplate mod, and reading about the cold air intakes (K&N seems to be favored)... which is best? Do they both void warrenties (I know I always ask about the warrenty)?
Aloha and Mahalo.
The Deckplate mod is only for 1st gen tacomas.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #37
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
What does it do?

Nothing
Old 11-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #38
keylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
keylay's Tacoma Gallery
Holy old post.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:17 AM   #39
jro1 is on a distinguished road

Name: jesse
jro1's Tacoma Gallery
Noob question! I have the 2011 4.0L V6, what size of deck plate do I need?
Old 02-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #40
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery

Greg