Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Obligatory Topic: The Deckplate Mod Questions

Old 09-09-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Question Obligatory Topic: The Deckplate Mod Questions

What is the deckplate mod?

How is it done?

What does it do?

How much does it cost?

Is it worth it?
Old 09-09-2006, 12:41 PM   #2
mazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud of

mazutoytaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just gonna assume, which is never a good thing, that most of the current members here know what that is. But only time will tell. A new tacoma owner is born everday.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:34 PM   #3
yeahi is one of the sharper tools in the shedyeahi is one of the sharper tools in the shedyeahi is one of the sharper tools in the shedyeahi is one of the sharper tools in the shedyeahi is one of the sharper tools in the shedyeahi is one of the sharper tools in the shedyeahi is one of the sharper tools in the shedyeahi is one of the sharper tools in the shedyeahi is one of the sharper tools in the shedyeahi is one of the sharper tools in the shedyeahi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
yeahi's Tacoma Gallery
how did you here about the deck plate mod and dont know what it is?
Old 09-10-2006, 12:23 AM   #4
i love tacos, tacos, and tacos w/cheese
benluvstacos has much to be proud ofbenluvstacos has much to be proud ofbenluvstacos has much to be proud ofbenluvstacos has much to be proud ofbenluvstacos has much to be proud ofbenluvstacos has much to be proud ofbenluvstacos has much to be proud ofbenluvstacos has much to be proud ofbenluvstacos has much to be proud ofbenluvstacos has much to be proud of

Name: ben
benluvstacos's Tacoma Gallery
whats a deckplate???

no j/k got this done to my truck....its a very good mod!

and just for anyone new up in here that is not from ct.com here the link to do the deckplate mod....http://customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=85
Old 09-10-2006, 04:26 PM   #5
mazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud ofmazutoytaco has much to be proud of

who here isn't from CT?
Old 09-10-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazutoytaco View Post
who here isn't from CT?
Me, for one. I finally found the thread on ct where my new site was originally posted. There's certainly a lot of pride by the members there, but I'm not trying to compete with ct (like I said before, I didn't even know about it till you guys dropped by).
Old 09-10-2006, 10:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
Me, for one. I finally found the thread on ct where my new site was originally posted. There's certainly a lot of pride by the members there, but I'm not trying to compete with ct (like I said before, I didn't even know about it till you guys dropped by).

If it wasn't for the thread being posted on CT I would have never found this place.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:04 PM   #8
potroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shedpotroast is one of the sharper tools in the shed
potroast's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to potroast
Quote:
If it wasn't for the thread being posted on CT I would have never found this place.
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:20 AM   #9
Tukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud of

Tukohmah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
who here isn't from CT?
me x2...from TTORA but found this site cruising CT. go figure
Old 10-13-2006, 02:52 PM   #10
97Taco2426 is on a distinguished road
97Taco2426's Tacoma Gallery
I did the deckplate mod with a K&N Filter and if you take off the resonator box and cover the hole, it sounds good and performs better. Cost $45 for K&N FIlter and $10 for deckplate.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:45 AM   #11
FrozenBolt is on a distinguished road

FrozenBolt's Tacoma Gallery
That is the cheap way, or you can replace the entire system with a K&N FIPK Gen 2.

Just remember if you do the deck plate mod, you need to shield the intake area from sucking in the warm area from around the engine. Warm air will decrease performanace. Fabricate some metal or high density rubber to block engine air from entering the deckplate mod.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #12
twoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

twoarezee's Tacoma Gallery
the deckplate mod actually produces more power than the k&n fipk. some one at ct has the dyno sheets to prove it.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:07 PM   #13

I would be interested to see the results of this, not that I am doubting your word. I find it hard to believe that a stock filter allows more air too pass through.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:19 PM   #15

Not a problem... I would think it would be a draw at worst. Getting rid of the resenator and straighening out the pipe is always better. A shorter pipe is the only other thing that would help
Old 11-15-2006, 04:42 PM   #17
97Taco2426 is on a distinguished road
97Taco2426's Tacoma Gallery
What do you guys use to block the hole the resonator box leaves?
Old 11-21-2006, 11:45 PM   #18
MapMasterG has a spectacular aura aboutMapMasterG has a spectacular aura aboutMapMasterG has a spectacular aura about
MapMasterG's Tacoma Gallery
deckplate mod vs cold air intake

well I'm a total newbie at mods...never had a vehicle worth more than routine maintenance until my '06 Tacoma... So after reading the helpful link about the deckplate mod, and reading about the cold air intakes (K&N seems to be favored)... which is best? Do they both void warrenties (I know I always ask about the warrenty)?
Aloha and Mahalo.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:35 PM   #19
Mean Green Machine
98yota is on a distinguished road

98yota's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys, im new here but i have a 98 tacoma with an option racing CAI...it may not be from TRD, but it only cost me 50 dollars and its a true CAI, i thought it was too good to be true b/c most CAI's are like $200+. just thought id spread the good word . ohh yea and btw, i love my tacoma!
Old 12-05-2007, 11:26 PM   #20
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Taco2426 View Post
I did the deckplate mod with a K&N Filter and if you take off the resonator box and cover the hole, it sounds good and performs better. Cost $45 for K&N FIlter and $10 for deckplate.
I did the exact same thing with my 96 when i had it.

I left my 'hole' uncovered majority of the time and put the lid on when I went wheelin.