Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

1grfe Exedy or CC-3 Clutch.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
Exedy or CC-3 Clutch Opinions.

Anyone running this clutch in their trucks? I wanted to know how you like it compared to oem. Exedy rep told me it had a lighter pressure plate and made me concerned about slippage in 4x4.
CC seemed to be good but its more money.
Im also gonna run it with TOB sleeve kit.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:25 AM   #2
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Lighter pressure plate just means a gains of whp due to a loss of rotating mass. Clamping pressure is what will keep you from slipping. I would ask exedy if their clamp pressure is more than OEM or the same. I know two things about them. They make some of the best aftermarket clutches for performance vehicles, and they won't make a clutch with less than OEM clamping pressure.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Sorry, what I meant was lighter clutch pedal feel, not the actual PP weight. I was told its the same torque cap as OEM toyota.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
I have the CC Stage 3 Clutch in my truck and i love it, holds excellent. Requires a ggod amount of break in time. I got a really good deal on it that i couldnt pass up, otherwise i would have gone with something less aggressive, given my engine is stock. The clutch pedal is definitely lighter than stock, but that could have some thing to do with me removing the clutch fluid accumulator.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #5

Thanks for the reply! Do u find the stage 3 chattery at times or does it just grab harder but drives stock-like ?
Old 01-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
It just grabs a lot harder, but drives like stock
Old 01-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #8

Thanks for the response guys! Much appreciated.