Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

whats ur intake temp?

Old 12-01-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
whats ur intake temp?

k well i purchased the scangauge and over the 4 day weekend i had alot of fun playing with it... but holy sh*t does my K&N intake temp go waaay up while idling or during some city driving. but after driving constantly the temp does go way down and on the highway it is a cold air intake but its definitely not worth the high temps while idle... this weekend the air temp was in the in mid 70s to low 80s and i saw the intake temp get up to 115 deg at one point!

what temps u guys running with ur intakes?
Old 12-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on the weather... Reflective heat tape on your intake tube can dramastically affect the intake temp.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
I believe at idle the Temps will go up. Seen mine at about 105 highest during the summer here in NC. Ussually about 10 degrees higher than outside temps. While driving it is more around 80's.

Guess thats why URD calls there's the True Cold air Intake. Getting the ambient air from the front grill will have it's benefits over that hot engine compartment temp air.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
I believe at idle the Temps will go up. Seen mine at about 105 highest during the summer here in NC. Ussually about 10 degrees higher than outside temps. While driving it is more around 80's.

Guess thats why URD calls there's the True Cold air Intake. Getting the ambient air from the front grill will have it's benefits over that hot engine compartment temp air.
Really always around 80?
Edit: or 10 degree higher?
Old 12-01-2008, 02:06 PM   #7
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Really always around 80?
My bad, that was during the ssummer. Havent checked lately. Gave the scanguage to the wife being her cluster went out. Damn GM's.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #8
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Depends on the weather... Reflective heat tape on your intake tube can dramastically affect the intake temp.

yea the weather here was in the 70-80s... while on the highway it will be normal, but if im at a red light it goes up WAAY to much than normal
Old 12-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #9
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
when i was at the track this past wednesday, intake temps were 42-45

i love my urd intake!!! its usually right around the outside temp, and at a stop, only goes up about 5 degrees if that.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #10
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Normal driving my temp. is +5.Short wot i've seen as high as 150 deg.(the outside air was about 120-125)
Old 12-02-2008, 10:59 AM   #11
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxchrisfla View Post
i love my urd intake!!! its usually right around the outside temp, and at a stop, only goes up about 5 degrees if that.

i cant wait to compare the urd intake temps to the soon to be my EX k&N intake temps. gonna place an order on the urd this week and let the real fun begin
Old 12-02-2008, 11:17 AM   #12
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
This morning my outdoor thermometer was reading 38.

My scanguage intake temps were as follows:

42 When I started the truck (Stayed at this temp until the engine warmed up)

44 On the highway once warmed up

46 to 48 In the city doing 25-35 mph

53 After idling for 2 minutes when I arrived at work, parked between another truck and the building.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:52 PM   #13
ghostboy808 is on a distinguished road
ghostboy808's Tacoma Gallery
I have the urd and it reads 3 deg cooler than outside temp. At idle it may read 5 deg hotter than outside but no more.

anyone looking to buy it? I may go s/c in the near future.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:59 PM   #14
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I am running the URD TCAI as well. The day that I monitored it, I got 2-3 degrees above ambient (76-78 degF) at highway speed.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #15
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Tacoskim,
Any updates on the intake temp with the URD????
Old 02-04-2009, 05:36 PM   #16
Enjoying my addiction

I got some:

Ok well with my XDI I basically stayed on and around 10* above temp give or take 1-2*

Took my truck out to test this with Volant Ram Air Int. Heres my findings:

Start up after truck sat about 15min = 10* above Amb.

Normal driving below 40 mph = 2-4* above amb.

Each stop light = avg 6-8* above amb.

Above 40mph but not Highway= steady 2* above amb.

Highway 65-75mph & WOT = -1/0/+1* at Amb.

So as long as my scanguage is accurate, and also my temp gauge up top, on highway and WOT I was getting colder air to the engine then outside temps.

The start up temp must of been due to my trip home from work. once I got rolling, all was normal.

Todays weather = 40*

WOT = avg 39*, 40*, 41*

Im stoked, I pretty much can say it is a CAI
Old 02-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #17
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Usually about 3-5 degrees warmed than the air temperature according to scanguage
Old 02-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #18
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
Tacoskim,
Any updates on the intake temp with the URD????

yes sorry for the lack of update:

compared to the k&n test

My URD stays the same as the outside temp through regular driving and traffic. on high speeds it gets cooler a couple degrees, and if on a red like for awhile the temp will go up 2-3 degrees. very pleased with the URD