Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Engine cutout at Highway Speeds

Old 03-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #21
Sc00ter is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
Sc00ter's Tacoma Gallery
Any update to this thread? My '04 is doing the exact same thing.

Scoot
Old 03-20-2012, 07:51 AM   #22
Wizard Sleeve Master
Amo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Amo-cat3's Tacoma Gallery
After being basically pushed away from the dealer i went to a local shop that was recommended by Toyota. They scanned and found no pending codes as i have no CEL light. We did a test drive and could not duplicate my issues (and truck seemed to be running flawlesly at the time). We decided to wait it out and see if the truck starts acting up again.

The cutout came back a week later and i decided to test my Throttle position sensor with my digimeter by following directions on youtube. I did show a weird voltage drop when moving the throttle butterfly plate. I ordered a used throttle body assembly from an auto wrecking yard and it should arrive this week. I'm going to swap it out and see if my issues clear up, if so I am going to put my old throttle body back on and see if Toyota will give me a new one as i am under warranty until August. Will update.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #23
ScottValleyGirl is on a distinguished road

Name: Dawn Renee
ScottValleyGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Update on this? I am having this issue at 2250 RPM and ~70 MPH. I notice it with and without cruise, it seems like most especially when I lift off the gas slightly to slow just a little or to maintain speed if slight downhill grade. Same in cruise. Not so much of an issue if on any grade.

My symptoms DO have a difference in that my tac will dip from 2250 to below 2000 for about a 1/2 a second, then it pops back up. Makes a nice little cut out/jerk.

New TPS
New Fuel Filter
New Coil and wire assembly (unrelated? issue)
No codes
Cleaned Fuel Injectors and Throttle body

Transmission shop says it's shifting fine and doesnt think it's transmission. Shop guy has been all through it, it's not the computer. Computer not giving any codes.

I've had it for about 6 years, 60K miles. Total mileage is 130K 2001 PreRunner.

Ideas?