1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exhaust help..

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Ry1984, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Dec 2, 2008 at 5:46 AM
    Ry1984

Ry1984 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    From Texas, Now Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    01' ExtCab SR5 2.7 4x4
    K&N FIPK, Billy 5100 all around, 881's in the front, Toytec AAL
    I hate to ask such a common question, but here it goes. Can someone please help me (links, brands, etc..) find a good exhaust system for my Taco. I swear im looking but its like they forgot about my trucK! I have a 2001 4x4 ext cab. 2.7. I must not be looking good enough but thats why I have you guys right? ;) Pic of my truck in profile

2. Dec 2, 2008 at 1:14 PM
    br217398

br217398 Crazy Person.....

Member:
    Orlando Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra Crew Cab 4WD
    Hornblasters horns,Strobe lights,Police Undercover Vehicle, Volent Ram air system, pro comp POS AAL, biltein all around, step bars.
    the fastest search i could come up with was:
    magnaflow part number# 15811 (on ebay, and lots of other websites)
    gibson side swept exhaust part# 618800 (http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com)

Hope this helps you a little bit

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Dec 2, 2008 at 1:33 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Just got to a muffler shop that sells dynomax or flowmaster and get the muffler put into the stock piping.

Cheaper than a whole system.

4. Dec 2, 2008 at 1:40 PM
    br217398

br217398 Crazy Person.....

Member:
    Orlando Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra Crew Cab 4WD
    Hornblasters horns,Strobe lights,Police Undercover Vehicle, Volent Ram air system, pro comp POS AAL, biltein all around, step bars.
    looks like we have the state of florida covered....miami, panhandle, and orlando..... I do agree with that, the shop near me charged me $145 install, muffler, and custom pipes in front of wheel with y pipe i like the two tip look compared to the one tip. :)

5. Dec 2, 2008 at 1:45 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I'm going thru flight school right now.

I'd be willing to wager that getting new pipes and a muffler would cost the same or less than a cat back system. and it would be custom fit to your truck.
    You at the ISC or one of the other units in Miami??

6. Dec 2, 2008 at 1:48 PM
    Ry1984

Ry1984 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    From Texas, Now Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    01' ExtCab SR5 2.7 4x4
    K&N FIPK, Billy 5100 all around, 881's in the front, Toytec AAL
    Yes sir, I am at Station Miami, but I am getting out in 3 weeks, hopefully will be in Tallahassee soon for FWC acedemy. Im gonna roll with your advice as well.

7. Dec 2, 2008 at 5:36 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Good deal....Enjoy your last few days.

FWC seems like a pretty good deal...I wrote a couple of reccos for guys at my last unit looking for jobs with FWC and ICE. Good luck with it.

Make sure you let us know how the exhust turns out (like pics and video/sound clips)

Products Discussed in

To Top