Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Aluminized vs Stainless exhausts

Old 12-02-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Aluminized vs Stainless exhausts

what is the difference between Aluminized and Stainless?
Old 12-02-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
what is the difference between Aluminized and Stainless?
stainless wont really rust, and aluminized is a little lighter, but it will still rust....aluminized steel.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
is that why stainless is so much more? Gibson Exhaust System..
Old 12-02-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
is that why stainless is so much more? Gibson Exhaust System..
well......yeah................most "catback" systems are usually more expensive anyway, and the stainless being used makes up for a good bit of the price. if you wanna do a good exhaust, and esentially the same as a catback....just alot less.......buy the muffler you want and have a shop weld it in,in place of the stock muffler. way cheaper than a catback.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:37 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
An "aluminized exhaust" is just steel exhaust but the steel has been coated with aluminum silicon alloy. Better corosion resistance than regular steel, but not as good as stainless.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:38 PM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Stainless is thicker metal also, I believe. Basically all exhaust I've heard between stainless and aluminized= Deeper tone for stainless. Just a better grade Piping.

Like upgrading from zinc to grade 8 bolts LOL...
Old 12-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
can you have a "hidden" exhaust? like what is found on a Hummer H2
Old 12-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #8

Quote:
can you have a "hidden" exhaust? like what is found on a Hummer H2
sure......just get a shop to weld the muffler in on higher under the truck and and them put a turndown on the pipe...........it may be a little louder though,depending on where you run the turn down...how far back you have it.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:46 PM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
sure......just get a shop to weld the muffler in on higher under the truck and and them put a turn down on the pipe...........it may be a little louder though,depending on where you run the turn down...how far back you have it.
what do you mean how far back? sorry for my stupidity
Old 12-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #10

Quote:
what do you mean how far back? sorry for my stupidity
hey man....it aint stupidity!

well, the closer to the muffler that you do a turn down.....the louder it will be......and the further away....the quieter and more mellow.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:52 PM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
oh ok i got you. is yours cut off?
Old 12-02-2008, 08:54 PM   #12

Quote:
oh ok i got you. is yours cut off?
nah.......i have mine ran just about like stock piping, with a litle bit of a more swept back angle.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
that looks nice. Black Chrome??
Old 12-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #14

Quote:
that looks nice. Black Chrome??
lol....nah, i sanded it down and painted it with some high temp black grill paint. it aint all shiny anymore though.........kinda more of a flat black now since the heat from the exhaust cooked the paint on.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:01 PM   #15
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
haha well now it matches your bumpers and fenders. So you would just go with stock piping with Gibson, Borla, MBRP etc.. muffler?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #16

Quote:
haha well now it matches your bumpers and fenders. So you would just go with stock piping with Gibson, Borla, MBRP etc.. muffler?
yep...............catbacks are too damn expensive, and having a muffler welded in place of the stocker is essentially the same, but alot cheaper. just pick the muffler you wanna run and have at it man!
Old 12-02-2008, 09:06 PM   #17
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
cool i might do that. but im one of those people where i want to do it the hard way, get frustated, then get it installed. I makes me feel better about doing stuff like that. More pride in your work.