LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Intake Manifold Spacer 4.0l Coming!

Old 02-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #21
highaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

highaltitude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
I was looking at buying the NST spacer last month. Still in the market. Depending on when it will be ready and if you are looking for a guinea pig, I'd be happy to work with you.

I'd need a blue one though of course...
Haha, cool, I think the blue would match quite well!

Well, I am not currently running a Toyota, though I keep going to the Yota dealer and pestering the guys over there. I do really like the new Tundra and am certainly pretty close to upgrading my ride as its an 06. I am just here as a fellow Truck enthusiast and would love to contribute. I do think I will be looking for more testers that would have good unbiased opionions with good information.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #23
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, Humidity does have a very large role in horsepower, the vapor pressure at an air density will dictate flame front response in the combustion chamber. Not to mention that the OBDII systems in our trucks will tune accordingly.

As a note, I would think if Toyota could pick up an easy 8+ HP by increasing the runner length by a 1/2 inch they would have done it.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #24
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Interest to see the results.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #25
highaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have run group buys for members at 215.00 shipped, though to Canada etc. its 230.00 because of the extra shipping. Still a great gain for the money at full price. For me, I saw the most gains from my IMS and Superchips programmer. Really, guys spend a ton of money on CAI and other mods like headers and exhaust, but this is one of the easiest mods with measureable gains that is easliy put back to stock if need be.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #26
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoVerde View Post
looks cool any thoughts about making something for us 2.7l 4 cylinder guys?
That's the first thing that came to my mind. I could easily make this myself on a CNC.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #27
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by highaltitude View Post
Peak power 8HP is up high in the rpm at 5600, its 32 hp 23 torque in the lowend 2500-4800.

I started making these about a year and half ago. I was laid off in 08' and worked for a civil Engineering company. People were wanting these so I started making them. Dont want to tick anyone off, just thought I'd throw it out there, as I had not seen them available for Toyota. I have one in the works, will be doing dynos and if people want them will make them. If they suck and dont make power I wont produce them. I dont do things I dont believe in,and I dont sell snake oil. They are proven on the Nissan engine with 110+ of mine in hapy people's trucks, the Toyota is not much different in design so it should work fine.
Thats a nissan, you can't compare the two.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #28
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Yes, Humidity does have a very large role in horsepower, the vapor pressure at an air density will dictate flame front response in the combustion chamber. Not to mention that the OBDII systems in our trucks will tune accordingly.

As a note, I would think if Toyota could pick up an easy 8+ HP by increasing the runner length by a 1/2 inch they would have done it.
Kinda what I was thinking.......
Old 02-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #29

Quote:
Thats a nissan, you can't compare the two.
Exactly, thats why I do have a guy here locally with a Tacoma standing by and have located a local dyno shop as well.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #30
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Kinda what I was thinking.......
isnt this interesting Chris, I was just talking to you about something like this a few weeks back!
Old 02-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #31
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
isnt this interesting Chris, I was just talking to you about something like this a few weeks back!
Oh yeah.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #32
Quote:
Exactly, that's why I do have a guy here locally with a Tacoma standing by and have located a local dyno shop as well.
So thats great..., conditions of the run being a mystery still does not answer how those gains were made, I have noticed that the dyno graph on your site shows multiple runs non sequential, my point it is not known what the conditions were for those runs. Likewise your statement about customer comments, those were posted on your site by a webmaster/you.

So is this Tacoma in a high altitude region?
Old 02-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #33
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Oh yeah.
decided if I get stupid bored might try it out, not really in the mood to mess with it lol
Old 02-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
decided if I get stupid bored might try it out, not really in the mood to mess with it lol
Just let me know!
Old 02-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #35

Quote:

Well the reasons can be many, but power enhancers dont generally make better mpg, and as we all know our midsized trucks arent super on gas as it is. The factory isnt going to put things on that could change their mpg estimates on the sticker to possible be worse. Im think the manufacturer is also bound to certain specs of HP on a certain numbers of models they sell, not to mention if the Taco were to have too much more power, it may take away from sales of the Tundra. I have guys that said they did see gains of 1-2mpg on a road trips. Since you now have more power and need less throttle to gain that same power, you would theoretcally save gas. There are guys who have said, they used to have to downshift to 5th to make it over certain hills, now with the spacer they dont have to.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #36
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have run group buys for members at 215.00 shipped, though to Canada etc. its 230.00 because of the extra shipping. Still a great gain for the money at full price. For me, I saw the most gains from my IMS and Superchips programmer. Really, guys spend a ton of money on CAI and other mods like headers and exhaust, but this is one of the easiest mods with measureable gains that is easliy put back to stock if need be.
Once there are some Tacoma results to post, a group buy sounds like a good way to go. I have a CAI and they are way over priced, I paid $225 for my aFe CAI, and it doesnt really add much, a little noise.

For the install: Where do you get the gaskets that come with the kit? Do you reuse the factory gasket? Any videos how to do the install on your Nissan?

Old 02-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #37
Quote:
Well the reasons can be many, but power enhancers dont generally make better mpg, and as we all know our midsized trucks arent super on gas as it is. The factory isnt going to put things on that could change their mpg estimates on the sticker to possible be worse. Im think the manufacturer is also bound to certain specs of HP on a certain numbers of models they sell, not to mention if the Taco were to have too much more power, it may take away from sales of the Tundra. I have guys that said they did see gains of 1-2mpg on a road trips. Since you now have more power and need less throttle to gain that same power, you would theoretcally save gas. There are guys who have said, they used to have to downshift to 5th to make it over certain hills, now with the spacer they dont have to.
Not HP, volumetric output of hydrocarbons. and Especially California

Volume of air ingested is volume of air ingested (CFM), we are talking about a non adebetic system ( Naturally aspirated) the CFMs can only be changed 2 ways, bigger openings/better flow characteristic and pressure, to say that a 1/2 inch piece of aluminum will change the CFM's to make HP at a certain RPM is really baseless.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #38

Quote:
So thats great..., conditions of the run being a mystery still does not answer how those gains were made, I have noticed that the dyno graph on your site shows multiple runs non sequential, my point it is not known what the conditions were for those runs. Likewise your statement about customer comments, those were posted on your site by a webmaster/you.

So is this Tacoma in a high altitude region?
Not sure if you're referring to my XTP site dynos or the others that were posted. Mine were done by a Jaguar Mechanic in Texas. Yes same day, same dyno dynamics dynamometer and theyre actual results not corrected like a dyno jet. Dont know exactly the weather, but am guessing hot and dry being Texas.

I live at 2300 feet in western NC in the mountains, but moved from 10k in Colorado. I do have mountains available up to 6k nearby on the blue ridge parkway.

I am the webmaster, I am an IT Pro and did all my own website setup. Those were all comments I collected over the last 1.5 years from people who bought one and expereinced the benefits and liked it.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #39
Quote:
Not sure if you're referring to my XTP site dynos or the others that were posted. Mine were done by a Jaguar Mechanic in Texas. Yes same day, same dyno dynamics dynamometer and theyre actual results not corrected like a dyno jet. Dont know exactly the weather, but am guessing hot and dry being Texas.

I live at 2300 feet in western NC in the mountains, but moved from 10k in Colorado. I do have mountains available up to 6k nearby on the blue ridge parkway.

I am the webmaster, I am an IT Pro and did all my own website setup. Those were all comments I collected over the last 1.5 years from people who bought one and expereinced the benefits and liked it.
So were you an Engineer that got laid off from that Civil Engineering firm?
Old 02-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
Once there are some Tacoma results to post, a group buy sounds like a good way to go. I have a CAI and they are way over priced, I paid $225 for my aFe CAI, and it doesnt really add much, a little noise.

For the install: Where do you get the gaskets that come with the kit? Do you reuse the factory gasket? Any videos how to do the install on your Nissan?

You can view these videos done by a fellow Nissan guy in Montana.

http://s524.photobucket.com/albums/c...rrent=xtp1.mp4

http://s524.photobucket.com/albums/c...rrent=xtp2.mp4

You will reuse the factory gasket as it stays on your Plenum, and then I supply a new one for the spacer.

Products Discussed in this Thread