Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Intake Manifold Spacer 4.0l Coming!

Old 04-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #541
highaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

highaltitude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
Ant dyno info yet

I'm working on getting more dyno runs done but so far this is a very good source-> http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=33804
Old 04-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #542
highaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Hey OP about how many more people do you need on board to get these going?
Another 6 and then it's go time!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #543
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by highaltitude View Post
I'm working on getting more dyno runs done but so far this is a very good source-> http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=33804
That was the dyno run you guys made with the automatic right? Either way, I have no doubt this will help add HP&TQ at 1000-3000rpm.

And can you link the group-buy? This thread is like a book and I didn't see the link/info.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #544
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
That was the dyno run you guys made with the automatic right? Either way, I have no doubt this will help add HP&TQ at 1000-3000rpm.

And can you link the group-buy? This thread is like a book and I didn't see the link/info.
That was on Grumpy's Xrunner. Not sure why they decided to start at 3k?

I also did a dyno with Lucario Runner's T4R, which is in this thread.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #545
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
That was on Grumpy's Xrunner. Not sure why they decided to start at 3k?

I also did a dyno with Lucario Runner's T4R, which is in this thread.
How is the group buy being coordinated?
Old 04-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #546
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Click on the link, send the funds, when we hit 10 he sends them off to get CNCed and then he ships them to your door.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #547

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
How is the group buy being coordinated?
You can go to this link and use the Toyota group buy button to purchase. Make sure to select the USA button or the Canada button depending on where you live. It is convenient for me if you put in your forum name, and vehicles so I know whether it is a purchase for Toyota or Nissan as I sell a lot of Nissan spacers. http://extremetruckperformance.com/?page_id=300
Old 04-28-2013, 02:41 AM   #549
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
by the 22nd of may ill be making my order. just have to wait for the funds.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:05 AM   #550
Raddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Russell
Raddbus's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a mechanic but if I can take something off, I can put it back on. Done a few repairs myself like brakes, water pump, alternators, starters, installed my 3" lift, lowered many cars back in the day and I was wondering how easy would this be for a DYS? Is there any tweaking needed after it is installed?
Old 04-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #551
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddbus View Post
I'm not a mechanic but if I can take something off, I can put it back on. Done a few repairs myself like brakes, water pump, alternators, starters, installed my 3" lift, lowered many cars back in the day and I was wondering how easy would this be for a DYS? Is there any tweaking needed after it is installed?
This is a fairly straight forward DIY project, nothing special about the install. It's just a spacer block that goes under the intake plenum to expand the volume of that plenum. I would unhook the battery for 20 minutes after the install to make the computer 'relearn' the changes you've made but other than that, it's not hard.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddbus View Post
This is easier than most of the things you just listed. No tweaking necessary. I recommend disconnecting the battery to reset the Ecu, so that it can relearn the new hardware, but it is really a bolt on a go mod.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #553
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
when nst made this it came with all the appropriate hardware...like 3 taller plenum brackets and longer studs for the lower manifold and longer SS bolts/washers, gasket

does this kit include everything to make it work?
Old 04-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #554

When we installed this spacer on the test truck, Im not sure we did much with the brackets at the time. Im thinking the holes in the existing brakets could be elongated , then moved slightly and reused. I think what we did was loosen them, slightly turned them, then reinstalled the bolt "clamping" the top of the bracket rather than going through it. Nothing moved in 1.5 months of driving it like this, including offroading. We replaced the plenum bolts with longer ones and a gasket. Never needed longer studs for anything.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #555
Raddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Raddbus's Tacoma Gallery
I'm outta the country right now, returning May 23. I'm interested in getting in on the Group buy.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #556

Raddbus's Tacoma Gallery
And Thank You Pugga & highaltitude for the info.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #557
Antonicus is on a distinguished road

Antonicus's Tacoma Gallery
Well I just paid but I forgot to include my user name, saw it right when I hit continue.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #558
Super Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Grayson
Super Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #560

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Not sure if it was mentioned before, but do these fit the 2012's?
Website shows through 2011.
As long as the engine hasnt changed then they should work on all right up to present with the 4.0-liter 1GR-FE V6 engine.