Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Intake Manifold Spacer 4.0l Coming!

Old 04-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #562
highaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

highaltitude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
How would this affect guys with the urd maf cal and resetting the ECU or just running it in general?
I am not sure exactly what that necassarily does, but this mod shouldnt affect it as far as I know since this is further down the line than where the MAF sensor is. It works great stock or with other mods. I run a Superchips programmer, CAI and some other mods and it adds to the overall power. THe ECU reset isnt necassary, but recommended so that it can start at a clean point, but alot of guys dont because they dont want their radios and everything else in the truck reset.

Someone else here with more experience on what you're referring to may be able to chime in better.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:16 AM   #563
p05x is on a distinguished road
Name: paul
p05x's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on the group buy how many guys we up to and are these gonna come with new gaskets
Old 05-01-2013, 03:56 AM   #564
highaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by p05x View Post
I'm on the group buy how many guys we up to and are these gonna come with new gaskets
I update the first post as we gather more people for the GB. We are up to 5! just need a few more! Yes, they will come with a gasket and longer bolts.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:33 AM   #566
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I'm waiting on Burt.
Once I get my retro headlights from him, I'll sell off my OEM lights. That combined with a couple other bucks I have saved up (pennies still count, right?) should put me at the GB price. I don't want to add myself to the list yet cause I have no idea when I'll get them.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #567
Antonicus is on a distinguished road

Antonicus's Tacoma Gallery
So. What's the status here? Do we need all ten? Can you send out a first bunch? Then we'll sing its praises and people will buy the rest?
Old 05-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #568
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Very interested in this
Old 05-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #569
p05x is on a distinguished road
Name: paul
p05x's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 05-11-2013, 06:33 AM   #570

Yes that is what a group buy is. These are not in full production yet. We need the 10 (or more) in order to get the price we are at. The shop I am working with is large and doesn't really want to do small numbers. In order to get this off the ground I have certain production costs that need to be reached. I can't make 4 of these and maintain a low price. If I priced them at 299 like the other vendor that made these, it might not be as big of a deal as far as the 10, but I don't want to charge that price. Just need a few more. The CNC guy has my drawings and has been working on the setup, but there are other things I need to address as well in order to get these produced. I would love to get some of these out for guys to run them so we can get some feedback but right now we are a bit delayed.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #572
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
We need 10 to get that price. Otherwise it would be closer to $300 like he said. If suddenly 30 of you dropped the cash on it then he could might be able to offer them a little cheaper. Either way, $250 for bolt on power is pretty damn good.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #573
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Paid in FULL

couldnt wait any longer.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #574
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
We need 10 to get that price. Otherwise it would be closer to $300 like he said. If suddenly 30 of you dropped the cash on it then he could might be able to offer them a little cheaper. Either way, $250 for bolt on power is pretty damn good.
Understood.

I'm asking in regards to if one person paid in full the remaining needed quantity, if the price is cheaper for that one person?

It's a two sided business decision for the OP. One side is he get's his first batch and hopefully a dyno run so people want more...flip side is, the guy with an immediate stockpile bought for less can make his money back on the risk, possibly undercutting the op's price and second batch.

Like any business decision, many factors are players.

PK
Old 05-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #575
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Understood.

I'm asking in regards to if one person paid in full the remaining needed quantity, if the price is cheaper for that one person?

It's a two sided business decision for the OP. One side is he get's his first batch and hopefully a dyno run so people want more...flip side is, the guy with an immediate stockpile bought for less can make his money back on the risk, possibly undercutting the op's price and second batch.

PK
Last I checked ( a week or two ago) I was under the impression the group buy price was $205. Pretty good IMO. I really like where you're going with this idea, not much profit for the first 20 or so made, but the product and good word gets out there, they start flying out the door

I know I'm dying for some cheap bolt on power.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #577

Got it, Thanks guys! Updated first post! Just a couple more!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #578
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Understood.

PK
I think picking up what you're putting down now.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #580
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
I already got one on my VQ40DE (Nissan )

Just wanted to say I love it! By far my favorite engine mod, followed closely by the WOT removal.

I bought it straight from XTP a few years ago and have loved every minute with it since! You guys will be very happy