LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Intake Manifold Spacer 4.0l Coming!

Old 05-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #581
S1000RR will become famous soon enough
S1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
Well played by the OP.

Made some crazy claims in the beginning, couldn't back them up. The only dyno he did post showed an increase of 2hp and 8lbs of torque, but was more likely caused from the cooler air, instead of the spacer. He then blamed it on the auto tranny and after a year later, still has no dyno graph to back up his claims, yet people are throwing money at him.

Touché

I'm not bashing, just stating facts. If I said something that was untrue from reading all the pages, I apologize.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:50 AM   #582
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
There have been other dyno's that have proven it works. However, he had issues getting a manual Taco that was stock.

Sounds like bashing to me since you've added nothing to this thread except negativity.

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=39808

Old 05-12-2013, 02:27 AM   #583
Not a Taco, but a truck lover :)
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
I can't speak to Toyota, but all the Nissan guys I know with it love it. They/I can feel it no question. Not a lot of peak HP/TQ, but more in the mid range.

I can think of at least 5 guys that I know who have them on their Nissan and will never go back.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #584
highaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

highaltitude's Tacoma Gallery
Well I am still trying to get the dyno tests rerun, I called several times to the one shop but haven't heard back. The second shop is only open during the week, so I need to find someone local during a week day and then take time off from work myself. If I can get a hold of the first shop they will do a weekend run. I'm not making wild claims, the claims I've made from the beginning are on a Nissan and they are proven. The other claims as far as the Toyota are from a local guy here who ran my prototype for 6 weeks and loved it. Other posts of dynos were added as a nice gesture from another member of the spacers produced by another manufacturer. While I can't rely on others testing for my product, it does show the spacer works. We're not adding a turbo, but this is a viable working mod, and does bring noticeable low midrange power.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #585
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
im really lookin forward for the last two to buy so we can get the show on the road. Stoked for this mod!

I took a ride in XMODS truck a month or so ago. I have ridden in bone stock Frontiers, and i have ridden in slightly modified Frontiers. His Frontier has way more torque than the stock and slightly modified (ie. intake headers, simple bolt ons) ones. Its all about the cfm. This simple mod is very effective and im not just talking out my ass.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #588
highaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got it! Thanks!
Old 05-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #590
chriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: chris
chriss's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
There have been other dyno's that have proven it works. However, he had issues getting a manual Taco that was stock.

Sounds like bashing to me since you've added nothing to this thread except negativity.

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=39808
There have 2 dynamometer tests made in the course of this thead. Both resulted in relatively no difference between with and without.
The link you offer has a couple of anomalies that make it a bit suspect. The "gear ratio" noted with each run is not the same and the phase shift of the 2 curves.
The Nissan graphs found through the links in the original post are more than suspect. They appear fabricated. http://extremetruckperformance.com/w...dyno-sheet.jpg
In searching for that data I came across this, http://www.jackphelps.com/frontier/dyno1.htm . I understand there can be a difference between test devices, but compare these 2 results for a "stock" Nissan. They don't even have the same general shape.
I would be interested in seeing some results from those who do not have a business interest in this product. Sorry for the "negativity".
Old 05-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #591
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry you're sorry for your negativity. While I don't disagree with what you are saying, having heard from others in this thread who are extremely engine savvy say that this is literally a bolt on performance enhancer (By moving the HP/TQ lower down the RPM range), I'm comfortable with that as my proof. If this was crap these same people I'm talking about would have debunked this long ago as snake oil.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #592

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss View Post
There have 2 dynamometer tests made in the course of this thead. Both resulted in relatively no difference between with and without.
The link you offer has a couple of anomalies that make it a bit suspect. The "gear ratio" noted with each run is not the same and the phase shift of the 2 curves.
The Nissan graphs found through the links in the original post are more than suspect. They appear fabricated. http://extremetruckperformance.com/w...dyno-sheet.jpg
In searching for that data I came across this, http://www.jackphelps.com/frontier/dyno1.htm . I understand there can be a difference between test devices, but compare these 2 results for a "stock" Nissan. They don't even have the same general shape.
I would be interested in seeing some results from those who do not have a business interest in this product. Sorry for the "negativity".
The dynos are not fabricated, they were done by a guy in Texas who is a Jaguar mechanic by trade and who has owned muscle cars with as much as 700HP. He ran the dynos on Dyno Dynamics Dyno not a Dyno Jet, and at a very reputable shop. The link you posted says Max power, max torque. My posts are not about Max anything, max hp and torque was like 8hp. We are looking at the 2700-4700rpm range. The dynos I posted started at 3600 because their rpm pickup was having issues below that range, but I can feel mine kick in for sure around 2500+rpm. The link you posted does not show testing on an IMS that I can see anywhere? I am not here to sell snake oil, or try to pull a fast one. That is not my style. I dont do things I dont beleive in and I know these work on Nissan, and am trying to bring it over to the Toyota crowd. There are proven dynos done by different people not associated with me, showing that they work on the Toyotas. Mine does the same thing as theirs. I am still in the process of doing my own dynos, however it is a proven part. If you dont like it, dont beleive it, dont read it and dont post about it. You can be skeptical, thats understandable. What kind of business would I be trying to run if all I did was make false claims in order to sell a handful of parts. Why spend the effort and money. It makes no sense. Thanks to all who do beleive and are excited for this product! It shouldnt be long!
Old 05-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #593
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
the sceptics just dont understand engine dynamics. more allowable air = more gas = more power. Anyway i cant wait till i can get mine. Like i said, i test drove with my friends truck that has this mod and there is a significant amount of more torque. if it worked on the frontier, it will work on the tacoma.... or any car.

ever wonder why guys with tuner cars always swap out intake manifolds?? not because they are cheap plastic or cheap metal. its kuz they are too small and inefficient, they want more out of their engine. Thats why companies make things like IMS and after market intake manifolds. its too bad no one makes a bigger intake manifold for a tacoma, but i know this will give more space which allows for a higher cfm of air.

hahaha but what do i know, apparently i dont know as much as i think i do. I guess acutally being in a vehicle with an IMS makes me a fuckin donkey. i may not know everything, but i know enough by experience. who left that little reputation comment obviously has little to no experience with these aftermarket parts, or is expecting supercharger gains out of this simple spacer. i know im not getting 50 hp by buying this, but i do know that ill get a little more torque due to simple physics
Old 05-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #594
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
OP, well said. There is no need to come in here and lay a big steamer just because you are skeptical. Point taken, I know what I'm getting into and am excited to give it a shot!

So, Bump for the last person to get this finalized
Old 05-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #595
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
I can't speak to Toyota, but all the Nissan guys I know with it love it. They/I can feel it no question. Not a lot of peak HP/TQ, but more in the mid range.

I can think of at least 5 guys that I know who have them on their Nissan and will never go back.
The Nissan and Toyota engines are completely different. What works for one may not necessarily have any effect on the other. Stating gains brought about by a product for a Nissan engine is irrelevant for a Toyota engine. That's why people wanted to see dynos on a Toyota engine. There were still gains brought on by a similar NST product but the gains weren't as great as they were on the Nissan engine.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #597
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
the sceptics just dont understand engine dynamics. more allowable air = more gas = more power. Anyway i cant wait till i can get mine. Like i said, i test drove with my friends truck that has this mod and there is a significant amount of more torque. if it worked on the frontier, it will work on the tacoma.... or any car.

ever woner why guys with tuner cars always swap out intake manifolds?? not because they are cheap plastic or cheap metal. its kuz they are too smal, they want more out of their engine. Thats why companies make things like IMS and after market intake manifolds. its too bad no one makes a bigger intake manifold for a tacoma, but i know this will give more space which allows for a higher cfm of air.
I doubt you will see any change in the intakes ability to flow more CFM. The spacer acts to change the length of each intake tube or runner. This will change the volumetric efficiency, and is why there is a change in where the power output is repositioned.

For many years Yamaha was the leader in this technology. The technology is about pulses in the intake runner and tuning the length so that it becomes optimized for a given rpm range.

PK
Old 05-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #598
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 05-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #600

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How bout now?