LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Intake Manifold Spacer 4.0l Coming!

Old 05-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #661
highaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

highaltitude's Tacoma Gallery
You guys are funny, that is exactly what we did the first time. Ran it 2-3 pulls, then installed and ran another 2-3 pulls, but like I said something was limiting the results. We smelled something like a burning brakes kind of smell and not a lot changed between the runs. That's why I asked about things like the ECU being reset or the ABS being disabled. The truck had been driven for X amount of time without the Ecu ever being reset, then we disconnected the battery while installing so I thought that might throw it off. Obviously runs on the same day, same weather are the best.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #662
Antonicus is on a distinguished road

Antonicus's Tacoma Gallery
did he have the parking brake on? And whats the status on the 10 on the list?
Old 05-16-2013, 02:01 AM   #663
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonicus View Post
did he have the parking brake on?

I just can't believe that with all the vehicles that get run through a dyno shop, that the owner wouldn't know what to do about your vehicle to get decent runs without wrecking it.

Maybe it's time to find a decent shop. Talk with the owner first before you even go there just to determine if he knows what the f##k he's doing.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:57 AM   #664
highaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonicus View Post
did he have the parking brake on? And whats the status on the 10 on the list?
The shop is working on the setup and will be making them as soon as they can. They are a pretty big place. Ive got to have another shop make a die in order to cut the gaskets as well. These things will take a bit of time to get done. This isnt going to be an over night deal. I understand the excitement and anxiousness, but I do appreciate your patience. It will be worth it once it all comes together.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #665
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Remember guys, it's not like he had 10 sitting in his basement and was waiting for 10 guys to pony up to send them out.

We're the front line guys. These need to be sent out, make, returned and shipped to us.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #666
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by highaltitude View Post
The shop is working on the setup and will be making them as soon as they can. They are a pretty big place. Ive got to have another shop make a die in order to cut the gaskets as well. These things will take a bit of time to get done. This isnt going to be an over night deal. I understand the excitement and anxiousness, but I do appreciate your patience. It will be worth it once it all comes together.
Once you have a good time frame nailed down on the production of the first 10, let me know and I'll arrange a long weekend to come down for the dyno runs
Old 05-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #667

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
Once you have a good time frame nailed down on the production of the first 10, let me know and I'll arrange a long weekend to come down for the dyno runs
Definitely will. :thumbup:
Old 05-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #668
Antonicus is on a distinguished road

Antonicus's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, getting antsy. I'll be patient...
Old 05-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #669
mloco575 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
mloco575's Tacoma Gallery
So would we reuse the OEM bolts?
Old 05-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #671
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery

cant wait - going insane!!
Old 05-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #672
Not a Taco, but a truck lover :)
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
I got myself some nice pretty stainless socket head bolts from the hardware store for mine
Old 05-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #673
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yamashiros has??
Old 05-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #674
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Nobody on island had socket head long enough, only hex head. At least not in SS, or even nickle, I found some socket heads in black oxide though. Had to order mine.

Would have gotten ARP but I couldn't find them in metrics
Old 05-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #675
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
OP, does your kit come with extended bolts for the install?
Old 05-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
OP, does your kit come with extended bolts for the install?
Yes, longer bolts and gasket. All bolts and studs get replaced.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #677

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Mine came with perfect length bolts and washers. As well as awesome instructions!

I just like socket heads
Old 05-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #678
808 Member

any updates?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #679
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, any updates? Im interested in this also and would like to see some numbers on gains.

Products Discussed in this Thread