Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Intake Manifold Spacer 4.0l Coming!

Old 07-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #1161
jdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud of
Navy: Radioman Petty Officer Second Class
jdavis92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
What do you think this is, XRU? Over here, butt dynos are a more than sufficient form of indicating performance gains
HA! (again)
Old 07-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #1162
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
So on a full tank with this spacer I saw a full MPG gain. (Fuelly does not lie.) My drive is exactly the same every day and is 95% highway. I always fill up at the same station and almost always at the same pump. When the pump clicks off I round up to the $.

Been getting 19.5mpg for the past 5+ tanks if not longer. This tank I had 20.5mpg.

See if things progress/improve even further as the engine learns.

That being said, I can honestly say we're not getting anything near the gain that the Nissan's are. The Power gains are minor but given the amount I drive every day (180 miles each day) this is very much worth it for me. As I've mentioned before the engine does pull stronger in lower RPM ranges, but if you're thinking this is like slapping forced induction on your whip, you're going to be sorely mistaken.

Would purchase again.

Also getting it Anodized is a waste of money me thinks. You'd be hard hard pressed to see it unless you squint at it. But to each their own.

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/kraziesj/tacoma
Old 07-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #1163
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post

See if things progress/improve even further as the engine learns.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #1165
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
^And There you have it folks.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #1166
bwanamukubwa is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
bwanamukubwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
The intake manifold will have a lower equilibrium temperature

Then its not at Equilibrium.
Lower temperature means better performance.. not quite sure if we're comparing apples to apples on the equilibrium part.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #1167
Alex (Emilenhoweveryouspellhis lastname)
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
emelianenkov's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMan View Post
Please..... Show actual numbers instead of feelings and comparisons to other platforms?
I have before. My truck's "average mileage" went from 19.0 to 21.5. Them is be numbers homeboy

Old 07-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #1168
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelianenkov View Post
I have before. My truck's "average mileage" went from 19.0 to 21.5. Them is be numbers homeboy

Maybe you just lost a lot of water weight during the install because it's so freakin hot up here
Old 07-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #1171
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
Just tell it to Smile
LMFAO
Old 07-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #1172

Quote:
Maybe you just lost a lot of water weight during the install because it's so freakin hot up here
I agree sir. My brakes are gonna kill me
Old 07-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #1173
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree sir. My brakes are gonna kill me
Stop riding them like a $0.02 hooker and you wouldn't have to change them soo often
Old 07-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #1174

Quote:
Stop riding them like a $0.02 hooker and you wouldn't have to change them soo often
I mean cause the heat.

And they warp while I'm on some rocks having fun
Old 07-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #1175
ManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ManMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

How does mpg prove better low-end power? Which is what the claim is... Not increased mileage

And no offense "homeboy", but I can make my display say whatever I want with some creativity.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #1176

Quote:
How does mpg prove better low-end power? Which is what the claim is... Not increased mileage

And no offense "homeboy", but I can make my display say whatever I want with some creativity.
Suit yourself. I know it works. A few of us have felt improved low end torque and more power.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #1177
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanamukubwa View Post
Lower temperature means better performance.. not quite sure if we're comparing apples to apples on the equilibrium part.
Having the material be aluminum vs plastic is irreverent. The plastic manifold is normally mounted to the aluminum block. putting another aluminum spacer would marginally change the intake temp if anything.

Quote:

better low-end = engine works less to accelerate from 0-30ish and aid in smoother shifting in the low gears.

I've noticed a lot of casual driving (in my auto) that my truck won't shift from 1-2-3 until 3.5k+ rpms when it *could* shift into gears closer to 2k rpms, thus conserving some fuel running on less revs. saving gas here and there will give back an additional 1-2mpg/tank.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #1178
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

My mileage can vary at least 2 or more miles per gallon just with different weather, road, or traffic conditions. Now an overall consistent average from documented fillups taken over time would be much more convincing...

...but then so would

dyno runs.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #1179
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
Having the material be aluminum vs plastic is irreverent. The plastic manifold is normally mounted to the aluminum block. putting another aluminum spacer would marginally change the intake temp if anything.
I think that it would ever so slightly lower temps because the same heat is being radiated in all directions from a slightly larger total mass of aluminum.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #1180
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
I think that it would ever so slightly lower temps because the same heat is being radiated in all directions from a slightly larger total mass of aluminum.
the only way to know would be add a thermometer...Aluminum transfers heat so easily that it may or may not drop the temp.