LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Intake Manifold Spacer 4.0l Coming!

Old 08-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #1221
Alex (Emilenhoweveryouspellhis lastname)
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
emelianenkov's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be interested in trying 3/4" or 1". Need me moar crawling power
Old 08-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #1222
hirod is a jewel in the roughhirod is a jewel in the roughhirod is a jewel in the rough
hirod's Tacoma Gallery
Guessing maybe a good place to start would be looking at how much more room in terms of hood clearance, interference from other components, and slack in attachments like hoses and wiring. Are there negative effects of too long aside from a loss of hp in the higher rpms? Anyone who's installed this believe two spacers wouldn't fit? Thinking might have to put a spacer for the aircleaner support in the front. Personally I use torque more than hp. Never really have the opportunity to floor it nowadays and won't notice the loss of high end. Anyone that has this have any feedback? Thanks
Old 08-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #1223
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have a 1.25" body lift, so I have another 1"+ to go before I hit my max.

I know getting the wiring to fit might be a pain, but I wouldn't mind trying something taller. More torque the better
Old 08-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #1224
a glorious beacon of light
luka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirod View Post
Guessing maybe a good place to start would be looking at how much more room in terms of hood clearance, interference from other components, and slack in attachments like hoses and wiring. Are there negative effects of too long aside from a loss of hp in the higher rpms? Anyone who's installed this believe two spacers wouldn't fit? Thinking might have to put a spacer for the aircleaner support in the front. Personally I use torque more than hp. Never really have the opportunity to floor it nowadays and won't notice the loss of high end. Anyone that has this have any feedback? Thanks
2 or a 1" spacer might be a problem. I think the hood would still close, but you'd have to get longer hoses for the throttle body, and another at the back of the manifold. also have to fab longer brackets(A,B,C) that stabilize the manifold to the block.

true there aren't dyno's completed

from what i've been tracking, i've seen a difference. The biggest factor is still constant throttle control
Old 08-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #1225
hirod is a jewel in the roughhirod is a jewel in the roughhirod is a jewel in the rough
hirod's Tacoma Gallery
Ah. That's what I was worried about. Kind of a lot of work to try get two in. Were the wires and hoses kinda tight installing the half inch spacer?

Don't actually care about dyno results cause I'm looking for the range that I drive in day to day. I don't think I break 2k rpm 90% of the time. When you're dynoing you're flooring it. More interested in the feedback you've provided. Whether or not people notice it driving around town. Or in your case when you jump on h3. I'm impressed with your gas mileage. I don't even go over the hill and I only get about 18 mpg. Never broken 19. Thanks for the feedback.

Tempted to pick one of these up but I also really want to pick up an e fan. Choices choices.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #1226
steezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
steezinstangl's Tacoma Gallery
gas mpg with the spacer is damn good. driving conservatively (only getting on the gas a couple times) on this tank I'm averaging 17.7 in the city.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:58 AM   #1227
highaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

highaltitude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
Maybe I am wrong but that statement to me proves that you dont care and are in it for the money. As long as people buy this untested product it will never be tested. Why wouldnt you want the optimum thinkness or offer different thicknesses? Answer,,,,,,,,,,, cause you dont have to
My 1/2" spacer was proven on a dyno to show excellent gains with the Nissan. The spacer made by NST for Toyota was made of 1/2" and proven on the dyno to work. I made mine of 1/2" based on that criteria. If you would like to fork out the $ to have multiple sizes made, and multiple dynos run, I'll make all the spacers you want to test on, and you can find the optimum. What really is the optimum anyway? What you may want out of the spacer may not be what another wants. LIke I stated, it depends on where you want gains and dont. This size showed to be an overall effective spacer for everyone. It doesnt take away too much up top, but gains nicely in the mid/low end. I'm not here just for the money. With a few hundred sold of the Nissan and the small number of these Toyotas so far, I have not had any complaints on the gains that are achieved. You may not agree with the process I have done to bring this to you guys but it was for everyone's benefit. If all I wanted to do was make money, this wouldnt be it.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #1228
luka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of light
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirod View Post
Ah. That's what I was worried about. Kind of a lot of work to try get two in. Were the wires and hoses kinda tight installing the half inch spacer?

Don't actually care about dyno results cause I'm looking for the range that I drive in day to day. I don't think I break 2k rpm 90% of the time. When you're dynoing you're flooring it. More interested in the feedback you've provided. Whether or not people notice it driving around town. Or in your case when you jump on h3. I'm impressed with your gas mileage. I don't even go over the hill and I only get about 18 mpg. Never broken 19. Thanks for the feedback.

Tempted to pick one of these up but I also really want to pick up an e fan. Choices choices.

Not that much work to install 2 in place of one. The 2 lines to the throttle body are easy to replace as is the air line at the back of the manifold. the electrical harnesses should clear but it might be tight. If anything, may have to extend the harness near the back.

If I can keep it around 1500-1800 rpms my ultragauge instant mpg display will hit over 30mpg on flat ground cruising. My mpg avg from Aug 3(a few weeks prior to installing) to now is between 18.8 & 19 MPG with ~500lbs of bumper/winch/skids/tools.

I managed to find the sweet spot going up H3 in 4th gear(Auto) showing a 16.5mpg instant avg while slowly accelerating from 60mpg up hill. Usually the same spot will show 10mpg on the instant avg prior to the spacer.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #1229
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

averaged about 25.3mpg for the first 60ish miles after filling up to full with a full cooler and camping gear. Constant speed of 30-40mph with flat ground, rpm's around 1k the whole way.

hills and traffic will net less of a gain, but for long casual drives, this spacer is doing it's job.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #1230
hirod's Tacoma Gallery
Dammit. I was going to stop modding for this year so I could save up for my snug top. But ... even if I gain 1 mpg, this puppy pays for itself in little more than a year. So its not spending, its saving ... gonna keep repeating that to myself.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #1232
Chakraj is on a distinguished road
Chakraj's Tacoma Gallery
Any check engine lights? is everyone still running the spacer or have you removed it?
Old 09-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #1233
LowerBost has a spectacular aura aboutLowerBost has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nick
LowerBost's Tacoma Gallery
How about install? Pretty easy?
Old 09-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #1234
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakraj View Post
Any check engine lights? is everyone still running the spacer or have you removed it?
no lights and still running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerBost View Post
How about install? Pretty easy?
not bad, easy if you're handy with tools. the fitment of the main harness got a little tighter putting all the little clips back on because of the 1/2" movement.

I had to stand on my bumper for mine because the grill guard limited my reach
Old 09-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #1235

I stood on the winch plate. Made for an EASY install lol
Old 09-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #1236
3ps14 is on a distinguished road

3ps14's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking about purchasing one, however I need some reinforcement before I jump the gun. I commute almost everyday to school 60+ miles roundtrip and the mpg gains would definitely help.. Should I do it?!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #1237

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ps14 View Post
I'm thinking about purchasing one, however I need some reinforcement before I jump the gun. I commute almost everyday to school 60+ miles roundtrip and the mpg gains would definitely help.. Should I do it?!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #1238
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I drive ~50 miles daily for work and noticed it is helping the most on flat ground. I have to drive over a hill so I fight it halfway and coast down the other

still managing to maintain 17+ mpg with 33's(255/85) with a lot of armor.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #1239
CWG is on a distinguished road

CWG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I drive a hilly 40 miles daily roundtrip and I didn't notice much on the mpg gains. For me the powerband shift down in RPM was the fantastic part. No more contstant downshift in traffic on my variable speed hilly commute. Rarely get it over 3000 rpm now, which should have helped mpg but haven't noticed over 1/2 mpg variance.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #1240
3ps14 is on a distinguished road

3ps14's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all your guys' help and insight! Im gonna be purchasing one here soon.

Products Discussed in this Thread