LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Intake Manifold Spacer 4.0l Coming!

Old 02-11-2014, 07:35 AM   #1383
anthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anthonytacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, Thanks guys
Old 02-13-2014, 08:30 AM   #1384
anthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthonytacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anthonytacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Ok i just got my Spacer installed this morning, took exactly one hour, and I even used my band-saw to cut manifold brackets so its more "sturdier". everything went pretty easy and just as described in the directions. BUTT dyno results to come later!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #1385
highaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

highaltitude's Tacoma Gallery
Have a few more available!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:35 AM   #1386
wildcats is on a distinguished road
wildcats's Tacoma Gallery
These graphs seem a little off, I know an automatic is going to rob some power but at 3250 rpm and automatic is making about 90 hp vs the manual making about 145 hp. Torque is also similar at about 142 for auto and 232 manual. I know you shouldn't compare different vehicles dyno'd on different days, but I'm just a little shocked at the disparity between the two. Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #1387
highaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shedhighaltitude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Don't know how you mean "off"? We ran 2 different trucks, of 2 different years, 2 times each with a spacer and 2 without for 8 runs. 2 members from this forum I did not prior know, neither was the shop or the people working there. Those are the numbers that were produced. The manual was able to start around 1500 rpm, whereas the auto is not able to start so low due to the nature of the transmission. Doubt it if you want to that's your prerogative, but none of the several hundreds of people running intake manifold spacers dating back to 2006 have ever complained between Nissan or Toyota. I mean this isn't a blow your doors off kind of mod, but neither is a CAI or catback exhaust, but people buy them and bolt them on and enjoy them!
Old 02-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #1388
wildcats is on a distinguished road
wildcats's Tacoma Gallery
Not talking negative of your product at all. Could have just been the dyno was calibrated slightly different for the auto, i don't know but those stock numbers for the auto are very poor. I'm not questioning the improvement over the stock vehicle, which is the important part. I also know mustang dynos have a tendency to read much lower than dynojet, I was just surprised mostly at the difference between the manual and automatic stock, even though you shouldn't compare different vehicles dyno'd at separate times. So I apologize if I offended you.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #1389

Nah no offense taken, I run one on my truck so I know they work, lol. I don't know a ton about dyno setup myself, but the shop runs dynos every week all the time mostly on all types many as big as 500-700hp engines etc so I would think they would set it up appropriately for whatever vehicle. Those were the results we ended up with.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:45 PM   #1390
lemon177 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
lemon177's Tacoma Gallery
im sure it has something to do with going WOT and the automatic wanting to down shift, so thatll have to ease in
Old 03-13-2014, 07:20 AM   #1391
SnowmanFX is on a distinguished road
SnowmanFX's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to purchase a silver one.

Do I just go to the website?
Old 03-13-2014, 07:35 AM   #1392
gray223 is on a distinguished road

gray223's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoVerde View Post
looks cool any thoughts about making something for us 2.7l 4 cylinder guys?
Tooter on here makes a manifold spacer for the 2 gen 2.7l. Here's the link.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-spacers.html

Paradiseracing.com makes one for the 1st gen 2.7L

And will there be one avaible for the 3.4l.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:29 AM   #1393
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
I respect that you made good on your word.

By the way, do you happen to have a more accurate torque graph for the second chart that has evenly identified increments? That one has a really odd mixture switching back and forth between 6 and 7 units, yet the physical size of the grids are the same size. It might be a lot easier for people to see exactly what's going on if the graph was consistently divided into even grids of 5 or 10 units and perhaps two different colors somewhat like this one for example. I'm sure the dyno guys could easily do it. They can make them any way you want.

Thanks man,

Greg
How do you account for the significant change in AFR between the two dyno runs?

G
Old 03-13-2014, 09:32 AM   #1394
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post

G
given the 6500 RPM + max, and low torque numbers, Im thinking this is a graph given just for an example, and isn't a dyno of a Toyota Tacoma power plant.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:05 AM   #1395
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Tooters graph is for a 4-cyl. Isn't the 2.7 a 6500 rpm motor?
Old 03-13-2014, 01:33 PM   #1396
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2003 Hilux 2.7L strapped to my dyno right now.

Want to see an independent dyno test done??

G
Old 03-13-2014, 10:31 PM   #1397
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

G
Those were dyno runs of my Toyota Yaris. First one was with the stock intake.

The second run was with the tooter aluminum intake manifold. It's a Corolla 1ZZ manifold that I adapted to fit the Yaris engine. I also scratchbuilt the plenum as an experiment.

The second run was also with a larger 1ZZ Corolla Throttle body which also helped to alter the A/F ratio. All the runs were with just the stock ECU and no tuning.

Greg
Old 03-13-2014, 10:34 PM   #1398
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
Tooters graph is for a 4-cyl. Isn't the 2.7 a 6500 rpm motor?
If only... the Tacoma 2.7 is only a 5,600 rpm motor.

Greg
Old 03-13-2014, 10:35 PM   #1399
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
given the 6500 RPM + max, and low torque numbers, Im thinking this is a graph given just for an example, and isn't a dyno of a Toyota Tacoma power plant.

Correct.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:33 AM   #1400
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

G
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Those were dyno runs of my Toyota Yaris. First one was with the stock intake.

The second run was with the tooter aluminum intake manifold. It's a Corolla 1ZZ manifold that I adapted to fit the Yaris engine. I also scratchbuilt the plenum as an experiment.

The second run was also with a larger 1ZZ Corolla Throttle body which also helped to alter the A/F ratio. All the runs were with just the stock ECU and no tuning.

Greg

AFR stayed fat throughout after the change.

Products Discussed in this Thread