Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

engine protector

Old 12-04-2008, 02:14 PM   #1
kingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the rough
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
engine protector

the 08 09 have the engine protectors at the bottom of the truck i think they are always sive...the 07s might have them too but i jus wndering if theres anything i can get like that for my 06
Old 12-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #2
kingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the rough
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
um im not sure...what is a skid plate?...got a pic of one on a truck??
Old 12-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
this is the stock skid plate that came with my truck

Old 12-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #5
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
this is the stock skid plate that came with my truck

beat me to it
Old 12-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #6
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck...how far does it run back?
Old 12-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #7
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota TRD skidplate:

Aftermarket (BudBuilt, modified to fit my differential drop) skidplates:
Attached Thumbnails
engine protector-photo_ext_accessory_full_12.jpg  
Old 12-04-2008, 02:28 PM   #8
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Damn. Trumped again.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #9
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

its goes about as far back as the first section on the BudBuilt skid.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #10
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
do yall kno where i can get one for an 06 tss model..and if there even is one----thanks for the help and pics by the way everyone
Old 12-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #11
Look at my member
crawfishsoul is a jewel in the roughcrawfishsoul is a jewel in the roughcrawfishsoul is a jewel in the rough

crawfishsoul's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure I would call the stock skid plate a skid plate. "Tear off on first rock you find" has a nice ring to it.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #12

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfishsoul View Post
Not sure I would call the stock skid plate a skid plate. "Tear off on first rock you find" has a nice ring to it.
Ain't that the truth! It's pretty tinny and can be bent with your bare hands.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #13
Look at my member
crawfishsoul is a jewel in the roughcrawfishsoul is a jewel in the roughcrawfishsoul is a jewel in the rough

My trail buddy has the entire underside of his FJ covered in BudBuilts. Jealous.

Someday...
Old 12-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #14
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
if any1 knows a site i can get one from post it for me
Old 12-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #15
Look at my member

Post a wanted ad in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. You'll probably find someone who wants to get rid of their stock plate there.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/
Old 12-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #16

here is a good site to start looking
http://www.trdparts4u.com/ME-CEII.aspx

and here for suspension stuff
http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?opt...&limitstart=30
Old 12-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #17

here is the factory skid
http://www.conquestauto.com/servlet/...eRunner/Detail
Old 12-04-2008, 03:07 PM   #18
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
appreciate the help everyone..i'll be looking into the sites listed
Old 12-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #19
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
this says 4x4 and prerunner only...also says a 5 lug bolt battern wont work...are they talkin about the rim bolt patter cuz mine is 6 but isnt 4x4 but is a prerunner

http://www.trdparts4u.com/PD-PT212-35075.aspx?MakeID=1
Old 12-04-2008, 03:21 PM   #20

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate TSS View Post
this says 4x4 and prerunner only...also says a 5 lug bolt battern wont work...are they talkin about the rim bolt patter cuz mine is 6 but isnt 4x4 but is a prerunner

http://www.trdparts4u.com/PD-PT212-35075.aspx?MakeID=1
Yeah, 5-lug vs. 6-lug refers to the number of wheel lugs. Sounds like you're good.